Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My front of my site has been ripped off !!!

Today the USA, tommorrow the World collegeboyslive's Avatar

My front of my site has been ripped off !!!

I was lookinmg though my logs today and noticed hits coming from collegeboyslive.net, a domain we didnt register so i went there and its a total copy of our tour pages and main pages, I mean thery took the html code, pasted it on theire site, when you got sign up you are directed to goldgaypass.com

anyone know who they are ? i see 2257 data from california but cant get any listing.

any ideas on how to get them to remove this?
    Video feeds and content available to webmasters:
    http://demo.collegeboyslive.com http://affiliates.collegeboyslive.com

looks like their whois is in new zealand and their whois email is at hotmail. there are ways to figure out who his host is and contact them - that's probably the easiest way to get your stuff taken down. you could try his whois email first, just in case...

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Yikes.

This will most likely be a pain in the ass to resolve. Your best bet is to file a domain dispute with ICANN.org It isn't fast (several months) and not super cheap, but in this case, it's pretty much a slam dunk for you. One of the very few open-and-shut domain dispute rules is that one cannot file a domain registration in "bad faith" and using someone else's site verbatim is about a clear proof of that as one could have.

I suspect you'll have problems with a DMCA takedown request, because the server is outside the US (probably not in NZ either) and unless the ISP is feeling nice, they won't be particularly inclined to want to follow a law that doesn't apply to them.

You could try a DMCA request against Moniker, the registrar, but I'm guessing they are going to pass the buck to ICANN.

Good luck...

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    Yikes.

This will most likely be a pain in the ass to resolve. Your best bet is to file a domain dispute with ICANN.org It isn't fast (several months) and not super cheap, but in this case, it's pretty much a slam dunk for you. One of the very few open-and-shut domain dispute rules is that one cannot file a domain registration in "bad faith" and using someone else's site verbatim is about a clear proof of that as one could have.

I suspect you'll have problems with a DMCA takedown request, because the server is outside the US (probably not in NZ either) and unless the ISP is feeling nice, they won't be particularly inclined to want to follow a law that doesn't apply to them.

You could try a DMCA request against Moniker, the registrar, but I'm guessing they are going to pass the buck to ICANN.

Good luck...

Actually, most non-US hosts and ISP's do honor DCMA letters. While US Copyright law does not directly apply, there are copyright treaties with most countries. Also, a legimate copyright holder can go to a US federal judge and get a court order to have US access blocked as to that host because that host does not comply with US copyright law. [this is a process that involves a lot of attorney's fees, but it is very possible to block everything coming from a particular host]. Given the lucrative nature of the US market, no host wants their entire access blocked due to one pirate that buys their service.
    It has been my experience that hosting companies would rather take down a page or site than risk losing access to a big market.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

question - is goldgaypass.com their own domain or a sponsor?

if it's a sponsor, well, most of the sponsors (all of them, actually) that i've written to for help with things like this have contacted the offending affiliate and told them to remove my stuff immediately or be terminated from their program.

Jeff&Deaw

Thieved Site

When all else fails we've also notified thier credit card processor.

Jeff & Deaw

it appears that http://www.goldgaypass.com/ is an aen and your tour is being used as a byot-type tour.

goldloot and goldgaypass use a contact form that simply says "License Error: Key file has expired" but their contact info is on their DCMA page
    http://www.goldgaypass.com/dmca.php

why not let 'em know what's going on. with any luck, they'll take care of the situation for you.

Thanks, I notioce that CCBill are one of theire processors, I have e-mailed them so I hope they respond.

Thanks for all the good advice.

good lord this ripoff company even gets worse, if you look at theire affiliate program goldloot.com they have collegeboyslive listed as one of their sites !

http://goldloot.com/portfolio.php?

their are a bunch of other sites listed as well, i wonder how many of those are rip offs of the real sites?

I also see they use nats . is that a purchse item or a subscription system?

guess its a good lesson to register you r .net 's and dot everything with your name

of course they have cbl listed - cbl.NET is one of their aeb sites. you already knew that.

and nats might also be willing to help contact them.

I'd rather be whole, than good
    Quote Originally Posted by collegeboyslive View Post
    I was lookinmg though my logs today and noticed hits coming from collegeboyslive.net, a domain we didnt register so i went there and its a total copy of our tour pages and main pages, I mean thery took the html code, pasted it on theire site, when you got sign up you are directed to goldgaypass.com

anyone know who they are ? i see 2257 data from california but cant get any listing.

any ideas on how to get them to remove this?
    I will give you all the info I have on this SOB
    His name is Jon Ward
    His main e/mail is Jon@nt.is
    His ICQ is 264-029-476
    nickname EmptyMind
    Take him down... he is the one how bought my domain and turned it into a CP TGP. And never paid me. It took me 3 months to get the domain back but I can not use it or sell it.
    Harold

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work. procam's Avatar
    Collegeboyslive please icq me at 22409301

emptymind
    CBL,

It was my understanding that this domain was being used to supply content that was bought from you on your live feeds. Since members no longer have an interest in this feed and the domain is no longer in use then it can of course be passed to you free of charge. Maybe you could have given our support department more than 2 hours to respond to your e-mail before you flamed us on a message board ?

Buffdude,

As you and I both know, The money was sent to you on time as agreed when you jumped down my neck on ICQ at the beginning on the month, and as you also know, there was a mistake with the wire. Would you like me to post the Messages from the bank here for all to see.

The reason I declined the sale in the end was after your rudeness and abuse on ICQ.

As far as returning the domain was concerned, It was immediately pointed back to your name servers and both Procam and I worked our ass off to transfer ownership back to you as soon as possible. Therefore your involvement in this post gives me credit to why I decided not to try and resolve the purchase with you any further.

Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by emptymind View Post
    CBL,

It was my understanding that this domain was being used to supply content that was bought from you on your live feeds. Since members no longer have an interest in this feed and the domain is no longer in use then it can of course be passed to you free of charge. Maybe you could have given our support department more than 2 hours to respond to your e-mail before you flamed us on a message board ?

Buffdude,

As you and I both know, The money was sent to you on time as agreed when you jumped down my neck on ICQ at the beginning on the month, and as you also know, there was a mistake with the wire. Would you like me to post the Messages from the bank here for all to see.

The reason I declined the sale in the end was after your rudeness and abuse on ICQ.

As far as returning the domain was concerned, It was immediately pointed back to your name servers and both Procam and I worked our ass off to transfer ownership back to you as soon as possible. Therefore your involvement in this post gives me credit to why I decided not to try and resolve the purchase with you any further.

Thank You

Before I get dragged into this as a responsible party for ANYTHING I want to make it VERY clear to everyone my company only served as the transferring domain registrar NOTHING else I was in no way involved with the sites their operations or any financial arrangements between these parties and have no involvement with either party or company.:high:

Quote Originally Posted by procam View Post
    Collegeboyslive please icq me at 22409301
    I wish to speak with you concerning a matter not related to this thread.