Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Verotel, CCBill ... I know

Gay is the new Black

Verotel, CCBill ... I know

Anyone have a list of companies that process for adult?

Lee, I know you have this list ... http://www.gaywidewebmasters.com/gay...nt_Processors/

But are there more options?
    Be Who You Are!

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    actually, i should go in and update that list, some of them are no-go's these days for one reason or the other.

Personally, id go with Epoch, CCBill, or at a push, Verotel unless you want to go with a merchant account with somewhere like NetBilling.

Regards,

Lee

Today the USA, tommorrow the World collegeboyslive's Avatar
    actually, i should go in and update that list, some of them are no-go's these days for one reason or the other.
    LOL no kiddinng you still have IBILL listed
    Video feeds and content available to webmasters:
    http://demo.collegeboyslive.com http://affiliates.collegeboyslive.com

Gay is the new Black
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Personally, id go with Epoch, CCBill, or at a push, Verotel unless you want to go with a merchant account with somewhere like NetBilling.
    Thanks. I'll look into the top two a little more.
    Be Who You Are!

both epoch and ccbill rock! i've used 'em both and recommend 'em both.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    And Jettis was either acquired by 365billing, or 365billing was acquired by Jettis, depending on who you ask.

How long have you been gay? Verotel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    ...or at a push, Verotel...
    Regards,

Lee
    Lee, I'm so hurt.

There are lots of good reasons to go with Verotel:

o Competitive Processing Rates and Volume Discounts
    o High conversion rates
    o We payout like clockwork and have never missed a payment!
    o Weekly payouts in US Dollars, Euros or British Pounds
    o We support NATS and MPA3 affiliate tracking
    o We support MULTI-CURRENCY BILLING – enabling you to increase your revenue!
    o We are certified with Visa and MasterCard as a Payment Service Provider (PSP).
    o We are PCI and DSS certified with Visa and MasterCard.
    o We hold your money securely in an independently managed Escrow account.
    o We are in payment processing since 1998.
    Darryl McDade
    Merchant Relationship Executive
    Verotel Merchant Services BV
    ----------------------------------------

Paco
    Regarding Verotel: sorry, but the fact that they pay out in three currency types, on time is not what makes a processor great. Those reasons they listed are the "basics", or a standard to most if not all others!

Based on my PAST experience with them: the VERY first thing that comes to mind is their statistics/reports.

Forcing a webmaster to navigate back and forth simply to acquire total stats (clicks, stats and sales) is not acceptable! All stats should be on the same page! I remember their system wasting too much of my time, hunting around for stats for just one program. Now what about companies that record stats for 100+ sponsors?

They do not even provide what I consider the standard --- control of reports! I expect to login in, go to the stats page and run ONE report from 'x' to 'y' in order to see traffic (preferably RAWs), sign-ups and earnings.

I strongly believe the lack of that standard feature alone scares away many affiliates. I know it's turned me away from proggies that only use them!

I do hope they update their system, SOON, as it would be nice to see more than just one big dog, one medium dog and a bunch of miniatures chasing the other's tail. Again, a competitive market would be nice, but, at the moment, it is not!

I am not trying to slam them - I am simply saying that if people want to play with the larger dogs, they need to do more than bark like them.

My humble opinion: the best choice, currently, is Epoch / Paycom.

Now, regarding alternate methods of payments: we've been using e-Gold's system (Canada & US only) for sometime. The subscribers like and use it. And, more importantly, we like the fact that there are NO CHARGE BACKS or returns, what so ever ! ! !
    It's like RAID: Stops deadbeat scamming maggots dead in their tracks!

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    Regarding Verotel...*snip*...
    I strongly believe the lack of that standard feature alone scares away many affiliates. I know it's turned me away from proggies that only use them!

I do hope they update their system, SOON, as it would be nice to see more than just one big dog, one medium dog and a bunch of miniatures chasing the other's tail...*snip*...
    Hi Paco,

I appreciate your candor. If I understand you correctly your major gripe is with the stats? Based on your profile and your comments you are a sponsor AND and affiliate? If we provided better (sponsor) reporting I could count on you to sign up with us? :signhere:

I recognize both are important but which do you feel is most important? Sponsor or Affiliate reporting?
    Darryl McDade

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Verotel View Post
    I recognize both are important but which do you feel is most important? Sponsor or Affiliate reporting?
    Hi

speaking as a programmer it is quite irrelevant since the underlaying engine would HOPEFULLY be the same in both cases just the parameters used to generate the report need to be changed - well, and maybe the layout too.

I would however start with the sponsors since they are few compared to affiliates which makes communications about their wishes more easy.

DEVELISH
    :-D

Quote Originally Posted by DEVELISH View Post
    Hi

speaking as a programmer it is quite irrelevant since the underlaying engine would HOPEFULLY be the same in both cases just the parameters used to generate the report need to be changed - well, and maybe the layout too.

I would however start with the sponsors since they are few compared to affiliates which makes communications about their wishes more easy.

DEVELISH
    Thanks Develish. I was mainly asking to get an idea of where to focus development efforts in the short term i.e., sponsor reports or affiliate reports. I think you answered my question. :thumbsup:
    Darryl McDade

verotel's stats are just awful. i have never seriously supported a sponsor that used verotel because i could not look back or at a particular period of time to see trends. this is especially important when paying for traffic. you need to be able to compare periods, and it's also helpful to see the urls sending the sales. you can do these things with both ccbill and epoch. with ccbill and epoch you can also quickly and easily see your declines, the reason for each decline, any chargebacks or refunds.

and if i want to see my sales from january, it's fast and easy with them - whether it's all of january, one week in january or any part.

whenever someone asks me for a partiocular type of sponsor - say, smoking or twinks, and i send them to a site using verotel, the first thing i hear in icq pretty much every time is "oh, no - not verotel. i hate their stats!"

easier stats could make a big difference here for serious webmasters.

Thanks to you too Basschick for your input. I think in the upcoming months you'll see some changes in this area. :thumbsup:
    Darryl McDade

JustBryce
    I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I also shy away from verotel affiliates as much as possible due to the reasons already mentioned... but aside from that....

Is there any other reason to say not want to include them as a cascade in NATS? I've never looked into it, but if it works with MPA and NATS then the reporting wouldn't be an issue since those programs would be able to handle that for me and our affilaites. Are there any other downsides besides the stats? I should probably just get off my lazy ass and go to their site and look around, but I would be interested to here if anyone else has any other verotel info.

Paco
    Quote Originally Posted by Verotel View Post
    - I appreciate your candor.
    - If I understand you correctly your major gripe is with the stats?
    - Based on your profile and your comments you are a sponsor AND and affiliate?
    - If we provided better (sponsor) reporting I could count on you to sign up with us?
    - ..which do you feel is most important? Sponsor or Affiliate reporting?

- Well, I am known for being honest, when posting my opinion, but usually not in such a straightforward manor. (You simply got lucky th@ I was too busy to weave as per my usual.)

- Correct: I, as with many others here, do both - sponsor and promote.

- Correct: my "grievance" is with what Verotel provides for statistics.

- As for jumping on board with you: you need to dangle a much MUCH better-looking carrot. Our suga' daddies have been looking after us, properly, for years and leaving them for somebody that does not offer nearly as much is like me shooting off a much needed body part (like my lumps)!
    Others did not have to hold that over our heads to get us onboard, as they knew & know what was & is important to those in this industry, thusly they already offered what I/one truly need/s, ages ago!

- I seriously cannot believe a representative would even ask which do you feel is most important? Sponsor or Affiliate reporting?
    The answer is CLEARLY both! Nobody in their right mind would say differently as we ALL know, or are supposed to know: if a webmaster does not work with a sponsor due to the quality of stats, the importance of proper reports for affiliates to a sponsor is ... even more important than their own! (I'd be floored if others said differently.)

Makes perfect sense to me, and I can clearly see is matters & makes sense to others, as well.

Now, let's be honest: posting that missing information is truly not that hard - we and many others do in our program.
    Heck, never mind the other processors: if WE can do it, I am sure a professional transaction/billing processor with a crew of coders can have this done, in mere minutes!

Just continuing on with my "candour".
    ~Paco