Thread: Designers Who Put Your Work In Their Portfolio..

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Designers Who Put Your Work In Their Portfolio..

Before you have launched the site they designed for you, how do you feel about that?

I can think of a few instances where this has happened over the past few months and personally, if i were the site owner, id be pissed.

Not only does it take away from any potential launch plans you may have for the newly designed site, it also gives your competitors a chance to get their own site designed and launched before yours.

So, how do you feel when a designer places your site in their portfolio before you have actually launched the site?

Also, im starting to see some designers 'blogging' about what they are currently working on, do you think this is something that should be done?

Regards,

Lee

marcjacob
    It never comes up for me as i design my own sites but im not sure id like it. Id ask them not to put it in a portfolio until an agreed date. Be clear about it when you first commission them.

To look at it another way though, webmasters are seeing the site so it could raise interest in the site if your wanting affiliates to help market it.

for years whenever a designer starts work on something new for me, i let him know in advance AND when he's done (after all, people forget) not to put my new unseen site in the portfolio.