Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An extra hour of drinking!

Xstr8guy

Yeah An extra hour of drinking!

Just a warning for those of us that don't have to punch a clock...

This Sunday at 1AM we fall back an hour. So that means that bars will be open an extra hour Saturday night for your drinking pleasure.

I find it very strange that there is a closing hour for bars, things only get started here at about midnight as it is, then at 3-4 the late night bars open! Cheers to ya, tip one back for me :luke:

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    Just a warning for those of us that don't have to punch a clock...

This Sunday at 1AM we fall back an hour. So that means that bars will be open an extra hour Saturday night for your drinking pleasure.
    In Arizona we have so much daylight we see no reason at all to conserve it, so we don't do the clock dance. Nor does Hawaii.

And strangely enough, part of Indiana.

Does anyone know if Daylight Savings Time stuff will be a thing of the past any time soon?? I have heard the rest of the world was going to do away with it after 2007~
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by chadknowslaw View Post
    In Arizona we have so much daylight we see no reason at all to conserve it, so we don't do the clock dance. Nor does Hawaii.

And strangely enough, part of Indiana.

Does anyone know if Daylight Savings Time stuff will be a thing of the past any time soon?? I have heard the rest of the world was going to do away with it after 2007~
    I think Indiana saw the light last year and is now completely consistent with the rest of the country

Now it's just you guys that need to come into the fold... Hawaii is the only state in their timezone so it seems like that would be less confusing

Chad, Panama does not keep daylight saving time either, nor did Queensland in Australia (but the other states did). Its a bit of a mess all over the world LOL!!!

EonFilms_Ben
    I hate daylight savings time. It's a waste of effort to take care of it. It made since when they established it, but not really anymore. I hope they do away with it soon. That sucks about losing an hour of drinking, but hey, it doesn't apply to me anyways, so oh well. Damn I need to turn 21! .

Paco
    Another plus for those dipping in to the evil weed - no last call!

Thanks for the notice.

gaybucks_skyler

Bad Memories....

Bad memories… last year at this time I was working at a local gay bar... I was the lead server so I was in charge... we all had to dress up for our Halloween of course. So what was I??? ... I was an androgynous angel (heals of course) Before work I had failed to realize that not only were heals a bad idea, but also I would be wearing them and extra hour than a normal shift. It was horrible, but hey I looked pretty stellar.

Here’s a pic of me working last years’ Halloween party…

Thought y’all might like it!!! It still cracks me up!

TTYL, Love, Sky

If the rest of the world does something logical, like get rid of daylight savings time, then we'll follow suit in about 5 years. We're always so behind.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

desslock
    Hey Benjamin Franklin invented Daylight Savings Time.

Let's not jump all over the concepts, theories and ideas proposed by history's leading scientists!

Steve

I have absolutely no idea how to respond to that.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by desslock View Post
    Hey Benjamin Franklin invented Daylight Savings Time.

Let's not jump all over the concepts, theories and ideas proposed by history's leading scientists!

Steve
    I'm not really familiar with the history but wasn't it started to give farmers more daylight in the mornings during winter months? And is that really necessary since the invention of electric lights?

Xstr8guy
    In Arizona we have so much daylight we see no reason at all to conserve it...
    Is that true? Dallas is at about the same latitude as Phoenix and our days get really short during the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    I'm not really familiar with the history but wasn't it started to give farmers more daylight in the mornings during winter months? And is that really necessary since the invention of electric lights?
    That doesn't make sense since clocks change during the summer and generally speaking its the farmers that whinge about daylight savings as it makes them get up an hour earlier (according to the clock) since their cows don't care what the clock time is but only what their schedule is. For example, Saskatchewan in Canada does not do daylight savings since its mostly farmers there.

cheers,
    Luke

EonFilms_Ben
    When it was started, it was directed towards farmers, but everyone benefited from it because they didn't have to burn candles as much. Now with electric lights - and the fact that many people burn their lights all the time when they are awake - there really isn't a need for it. That is why I found it amusing when Bush wanted to extend daylight savings time in an effort to conserve energy.