Thread: Sales Tracking with Verotel

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar

Sales Tracking with Verotel

Hello there

I am looking for a way of tracking sales with Verotel. I would like to know where my sales originate from and hence use something like a parameter or some other ID with my freesites I submit or AVSPages I create.

Or is there a totally other way I could do it?

:develish:
    :-D

How long have you been gay? Verotel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVELISH View Post
    Hello there

I am looking for a way of tracking sales with Verotel. I would like to know where my sales originate from and hence use something like a parameter or some other ID with my freesites I submit or AVSPages I create.

Or is there a totally other way I could do it?

:develish:
    Hi Develish,

Since, I'm not a programmer or webmaster I may be totally off here but I think you may need some sort of custom programming or scripting to accomplish this. With that in mind maybe this can get you pointed in the right direction...

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but I think you can use the "HTTP referer" for logging where users are linking to your pages from.

See info: HTTP referer

Additionally, I think with a session cookie you can then track the user all the way to the point where he transfers to the Verotel order page. Verotel supports custom fields (i.e., pass-through variables) so if you could fill one of the custom fields with the session ID you would get this session ID back when we call the verotelRUM script after a successful transaction.

See info: Cookies, Session IDs, and Visitor Tracking

Now that you've got all the required elements you need a way to analyse the data (e.g., database) and match the sessionID to the HTTP referer and the RUM call. The result would show you where your actual signups are coming from.

You may be able to find some ready made tools on the internet.

Hope that helps.
    Darryl McDade
    Merchant Relationship Executive
    Verotel Merchant Services BV
    ----------------------------------------

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    Thanks

that really pointed into the right direction :thumbsup:

DEVELISH
    :-D