Thread: Looking for input (chris...insert dirty comment here...)

Jason

Looking for input (chris...insert dirty comment here...)

Originally posted by Gary-Alan
    I'm with Lee, he needs to watch more TV LMAO... Actually if I was straight and married to his wife I wouldn't keep my hands off of her either, she beautiful!

Bust Brad for me though... I remember when we all thought he was gay and flirted with him... then he shows up and a convention with his wife and most of the gay men all said "No way, you're gay!" I was so embarassed when I heard those words come flying out of my mouth.

It was a hoot! I still bust his chops over that.

Send him our best!

Hugs,
    GA
    Just to keep everyone in the loop...Brad's been a very busy boy. While his wife is expecting twins...he's "giving birth" to a new hosting company. Ok, so it's not really new, just re-branded but he thought that slogan was catchy. You may already know but we've re-branded SinHost to MojoHost. We've been working on the new site and the new image for a while now. Would appreciate any input that any of you have as I respect the level of talent and experience found in this online community. You can check it out here:

MojoHost

This also begs a question I'd like to pose to the group. What do you think about the branding or re-branding of primarily adult companies to include and expand into mainstream markets? Most mainstream companies dip into the adult market...but I think far fewer adult companies turn those tables...what do you think?

AusCoding Allan
    Great site,

My one comment in relation to adult companies going mainstream is that they shouldn't forget their roots.

This goes not just for this industry but any industry, often companies forget the customers that supported them from startup to where they are now and just drop them and expect them to pick up somewhere else.

This is just a general comment and not aimed at anyone in particular.

Allan

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Hey Jason! Can't believe I missed this post.

Well from my own experience it is easier to brand/re-brand a new name into mainstream, than reinventing the same name from adult.

I’ll tell you why I think this. And it comes from our experiences in moving into mainstream.

I never intended GA Media Corp to be branded as an adult company in any way shape or form. It just happened. (I think Lee sabotaged me when I wasn’t looking LOL) Not that it’s recognizable as other names but if you do a search in Google and you get adult, adult, adult.

About three months ago, when researching and developing some non-adult ad streams, I made inquires using my email at GA Media Corp. Out of ten companies I sent a RFI’s to, 8 responded with “We do not work with adult companies” and I heard nothing more. I received no responses from my follow-up. The RFI did not include any adult information, only my email address. They must have Googled.

On a side note… In the long run this is fine because we researched more just to find out that we could do exactly the same things as those companies do except we can do it cheaper, faster and more efficient (thank goodness for the ingenuity in adult!). And, I will work will adult companies since that's who we know best and we’ll make the money they threw away by not working with us LOL More as it becomes available

By setting up a ‘DBA’ for GA Media and running with that name, I’m finding that more companies drop the ‘we don’t work with adult companies’ façade. It’s definitely a two way street, but trying to cross this road from our side isn’t easy. And going with the two way street analogy… I’m finding it is easier just to repaint the car and drive in the middle of the road

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Jason GA said it best i think.

Even if there is a slight whiff of adult about your site chances are many mainstream webmasters / companies wont touch it.

Its best to go with a DBA or completely 'fresh' domain.

Remember though, if you do go for a fresh domain make sure you dont post any PR's to adult sites otherwise well, the whole thing will start happening again, i made that mistake a few months ago LOL

Regards,

Lee

Jason
    Thanks guys...as always, your input is much appreciated.

Chris Alan
    Looking for input (chris...insert dirty comment here...)

Jason Bend over

Jason
    Originally posted by Chris Alan
    Jason Bend over
    oh yeah! now you're getting the hang of it...you must have been to boot camp!

Chris Alan
    Originally posted by 123Jason
    oh yeah! now you're getting the hang of it...you must have been to boot camp!
    Still waiting for your class.

Jason
    ok, but it's rather advanced...mine is a degree that can not be attained online alone. look for me at the pool in Hollywood.

Chris Alan
    I can't wait. Looking forward to your private instruction

Bell
    I think it best to have mainstream and adult ventures totally
    separate from each other...

there will be regulations and hoops an adult company will have
    to jump that a mainstream won't...

if at any time in the future you wanted to take the mainstream
    public - the history of it being connected with "adult" would
    not be an advantage...

the hosting business from families, religious communities and supporters, schools and other sorts of FAMILY type businesses
    would not look favorably on selecting a HOST with ADULT ties
    as opposted to the other CHOICES they would have that are NOT
    connected with "adult" .

although - - - Brad can totally survive even if losing that
    segment of the population as a customer... why should he -
    if he doesn't have to...

having said all that though - it is too late to back track
    for MojoHost.com or 123Bill.com or even EasyOnlineSolutions.com
    all that info is already inter-connected via GOOGLE... and it's
    not just the domain name inter-connected... it's Brad's NAME
    and phone number... and those are not alterable... so the option
    of separating your divisions out to solely an ADULT division
    totally separate ... and a mainstream division - is NOT 100%
    possible... not now... not ever... unless Brad has the mainstream
    under different domain names and he's not mentioned on them...
    and they have a totally separate physical address and phone number...
    and none of his "adult" associates ever post anything on the
    net anywhere mentionng his NEW "mainstream" ventures...
    and that - that is not a possibility - - - so why sweat it...

having the appearance of mainstream - while behind the scenes
    those in "adult" also know they can access services would probably
    be his best bet - as he is currently doing with MojoHOST.com

I wish you both luck in your journey...

~Bell
    Last edited by Bell; 04-14-2004 at 02:32 AM.

Jason
    wow...great post bell...we're both on the same track with our thinking. thanks for your time and your input.