Thread: Straight & Gay % comparison

JBJ

Straight & Gay % comparison

I am looking for any marketing information on the relative % of the gay adult market to the total overall adult market.

We are looking at launching a mobile cell phone gay live video cam & chat service and wanted to know some basic marketing paramenters.

jay@mobilestreamingsolutions.com

Xstr8guy
    I would guess the adult market percentage is the same as the general population percentage... anywhere between 3-10% depending on what study you quote... maybe higher because of straight women and curious men wanting to view naked men.

CorbinFisher.com CorbinFisher_BD's Avatar
    During a panel at the Gay Phoenix Forum someone from AEBN had some fascinating statistics on how their users behave on their sites.

Whereas the majority of memberships created are on the straight segments of their site and watch straight movies (one would assume, straight people), those signing up for membership to the areas and viewing gay movies:

- Retain longer
    - Spend more

That the revenue accountable to gay members was disproportionately higher than their percentage of the entire membership base.

So... the gay consumers were spending more, spending more often, and were creating a lot more revenue, per capita, than the straight.

As an aside I was actually quite impressed with how much the AEBN folks new about their membership base and how thorough they were in tracking and studying it all.

CorbinFisher's Amateur College Men

marcjacob
    They say that generally about all gay markets though. Im guessing its because were less likely to have Children so theres more money to spend.

DamageX
    Quote Originally Posted by CorbinFisher_BD View Post
    During a panel at the Gay Phoenix Forum someone from AEBN had some fascinating statistics on how their users behave on their sites.

Whereas the majority of memberships created are on the straight segments of their site and watch straight movies (one would assume, straight people), those signing up for membership to the areas and viewing gay movies:

- Retain longer
    - Spend more

That the revenue accountable to gay members was disproportionately higher than their percentage of the entire membership base.

So... the gay consumers were spending more, spending more often, and were creating a lot more revenue, per capita, than the straight.

As an aside I was actually quite impressed with how much the AEBN folks new about their membership base and how thorough they were in tracking and studying it all.
    Couldn't that be justified by the much bigger abundance of choices (free & paid alike) the straight consumers get?