Thread: Coincidence Or Just Really, Really Good Timing?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Coincidence Or Just Really, Really Good Timing?

That Saddam gets the death sentence 2 days before the elections?

Bear in mind, he was 'captured' 2 days before the mid-terms too LOL

Regards,

Lee

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    That Saddam gets the death sentence 2 days before the elections?

Bear in mind, he was 'captured' 2 days before the mid-terms too LOL

Regards,

Lee
    Heh. I'd call it "calculated" timing.

Xstr8guy
    Is this coincidence or excellent timing?

Editorial from the Army Times newspaper calling for Rumsfeld's resignation.

The same editorial also appears in Navy Times, Marine Times and Air Force Times. Those newspaper are publiched by Gannett but are very respected in the military community. THE ASSHOLE MUST GO!

VOTE TUESDAY NOVEMBER 7th

Camper than a row of tents
    I fully expect Osama to be killed or captured the first week of November 2008.
    I post here to whore this sig.

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    Is this coincidence or excellent timing?

Editorial from the Army Times newspaper calling for Rumsfeld's resignation.

The same editorial also appears in Navy Times, Marine Times and Air Force Times. Those newspaper are publiched by Gannett but are very respected in the military community. THE ASSHOLE MUST GO!

VOTE TUESDAY NOVEMBER 7th
    The military Times are probably too late to influence any overseas military who vote by mail, but the majority of servicemen and women are in the US so the timing is perfect! Plus that editorial has made major news in the mainstream media. Faux News aka Fox News excepted, of course
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

NewBoyToyMatt
    Yes, I bet they capture Osama the week before we elect Hillary in two years.

CorbinFisher.com CorbinFisher_BD's Avatar
    What's funny... sad... disgusting... ironic... (so many adjectives could apply)... about Saddam's death sentence and the Bush Administration's trying to claim it's some great thing is that the crimes Saddam Hussein has been found guilty of and condemned to hang over were crimes he committed while an ally of the United States.

He has been condemned to hang for genocidal acts committed in 1982.

1982 is the same year the Reagan administration removed Iraq and Saddam Hussein's regime from the state terrorism sponsorship list, allowing the US to sell weapons to Hussein and Iraq.

In 1982 Hussein was first using chemical weapons against Iran, while the US government knew about it (and pretended to be unaware of).

In 1983 we were selling Saddam Hussein helicopters that he would use to drop chemical weapons on the Kurds - something we would later lie about having knowledge of.

In fact, it was in 1983 that the famous photos and video of Donald Rumsfeld shaking hands with and meeting with Saddam Hussein were taken.

So... here you have the US government trying to say "Ah hah! Proof that Hussein was a brutal dictator! Proof that he oppressed his people! Proof that he committed genocide! Proof that we did the right thing to invade!" after this conviction... yet apparently the crimes that were so horrible and so brutal and evil in 1982 so as to warrant his condemnation to die by hanging were not so bad as to prevent the United states from selling him weapons, having him as an ally throughout the 1980s, enabling him to gas the Kurds and Iranians, enabling him to build up a massive military machine, and so on.

It's lost on the American public and politicians that Saddam Hussein has been convicted to die for crimes committed while an ally of the United States, and crimes we not only ignored in 1982 but actively enabled.

It's also lost on Bush, who tries to call Hussein's conviction some great accomplishment in progress in Iraq... that he said the same thing after the fall of Baghdad... and the same thing after Hussein's sons were killed... and the same thing after Hussein was arrested... and the same thing after Hussein's trial began... and yet we just emerged from one of the bloodiest months since the US invasion and occupation of Iraq and military leaders still say the country is but a breath away from descending in to civil war.

CorbinFisher's Amateur College Men

d@sexinc
    Yeah, it's just a little too coincidental I figure.

I agree with the "calculated" timing statement.