Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Songs Of The 1980's

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar

Favorite Songs Of The 1980's

I'd really like to know. Show your age, I dare ya! Mine would have to be "Come on, Eileen" by Dexy's Midnight Runners and "Atomic Dog" by George Clinton

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    No takers? Sheesh.

Paco
    Sylvester's You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real)
    okay - I know that is not from the 80's, but '78 is close enough, plus it stayed on the charts well in to in to the eighties.

Most clubs I frequented, in the eighties played it, every night!

BTW: Byron's version was almost as good!

robin
    There were so many --- but almost anything by the b52s would be in my top list. Oh there was one particular one by Genesis that I luved; great music video too...

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    okay - I know that is not from the 80's, but '78 is close enough, plus it stayed on the charts well in to in to the eighties.

SYLVESTER?! Over the years, you've really given me new respect for straight people!

Paco
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    SYLVESTER?! Over the years, you've really given me new respect for straight people!

and don't forget about all the frustration that I've brought with me

Why, I am so confused, each morning I do not know if I should be turning my socks inside out before putting them on.

Hun, I've been in to disco, or house, for that long.

Gay is the new Black
    To pull out a song from the 80's is hard!

Could be anything from Kraftwork to Talking Heads to something pushed out on an 808. Two live crew, Thomas Dolby ... The list goes on

But I guess a song that stands out most would be In fear of Dub by Bauhaus
    Be Who You Are!

Saw a video once and i THOUGHT it was an overweight Tina Turner, but it turned out to be Sylvester.

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    There were so many --- but almost anything by the b52s would be in my top list.
    The Bouncing Off Satellites album is in my top 10 of favorites

Quote Originally Posted by IdolKnights View Post
    To pull out a song from the 80's is hard!

Could be anything from Kraftwork to Talking Heads to something pushed out on an 808. Two live crew, Thomas Dolby ... The list goes on

But I guess a song that stands out most would be In fear of Dub by Bauhaus
    Wow, that's a diverse mix if i ever saw one

I've been in to disco, or house, for that long.
    What exactly defines "House" music?

Paco
    Quote Originally Posted by SPACE GLIDER View Post
    What exactly defines "House" music?
    Short and sweet: it is the beat - 4'n'4 or 4/4 or (my fav.) four on the floor.

To me, it is disco, which incidentally never died - it simply changed it's name so people quit bashing it!

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Well, one of my ultimate favorite songs from the 80's was Gypsy by Fleetwood Mac, but that doesn't really seem like an 80's so, per se. I would have to say Video Killed The Radio Star by The Buggles would have to be my ultimate favorite 80's song that actually sounds like an 80's song.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

robin
    Quote Originally Posted by DonMike View Post
    Well, one of my ultimate favorite songs from the 80's was Gypsy by Fleetwood Mac, but that doesn't really seem like an 80's so, per se. I would have to say Video Killed The Radio Star by The Buggles would have to be my ultimate favorite 80's song that actually sounds like an 80's song.

You're so predictable Don.

Quote Originally Posted by DonMike View Post
    I like both of those songs a lot. I always thought the Buggles were saying "put the blame on VCR!" for some reason.