Thread: Another Sacred Straight Marriage is Over

Goldie

Another Sacred Straight Marriage is Over

I love how when most people go to say why gay marriage is wrong, it is because they say it goes against the sanctity of heterosexual unions. But no one seems to care that...

Britney Spears files for divorce in L.A.

This girl is only 24 and has been married and divorced twice already, and apparently that is just fine. Yet I can't legally marry my partner of 10+ years because we both have a penis.... Man I hope this election day is the start of some big changes in this country!

Sorry, I just had to vent about this!

marcjacob
    Do you care if they call it a civil union or full marriage? Im asking as here in the UK we have civil partnerships which to all intents is basicly gay marriage but called something different, i like it and it allowed the Conservative Party to support the Bill when Parliament considered it. Ive also heard American politicians saying no to gay marriage but yes to civil unions. Seems like a good comprimise to me.

I always thought all men were born equal in the USA. Obviously some are more equal than others it seems. Surely the courts will have something to say about bans on marriage rights?

kezia
    Its kind a hard to accept things that you think is unfair!! What’s happening in the queer world is really unfair!!! Not allowing marriage bet the two lovers even though they wanted each other...they care for each other...and mostly they need each other!! Mostly....gays are the ones productive in the community so...why not make them happy!!:beauty:

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    election coverage was cut off to display the breaking news that Spears was divorcing that guy!

Paco
    me --> :haha: <-- hasbeen, or BS

Hun, you put the letters in the wrong order.

It's scared ... or scary!

What a classy gal she is, huh!

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Oh don't get me started. It was a slap in the face that they were giving us this "sanctity of marriage" bullshit while "Who Wants To Marry A Millionaire" was one of the highest rated shows on TV.

I honestly don't care what they call it. If the religious right wants to keep the title of "marriage" for the religious ceremony of two heterosexual people in a church, that's fine with me. But, if the separation of church and state holds true, a Civil Union should be afforded to anyone, regardless of gender or religious affiliation, who wants to the same things that a married couple have. Sure we have Civil Unions now but we don't have anywhere near the same rights as married couples do. And I know you can pay a lawyer thousands of dollars and spend hours and hours filling out form after form to come close to getting the same rights, and hope that you don't run into any of the many circumstances that fall through those legal cracks, but I want the same things a "married" couple have. I want a license that says I have all the same rights that a "married" couple have.

And you know, why do I feel if we ever do win this battle they're going to start telling us that we can't used the name "Husband". I swear if it ever comes to that I will start introducing my future significant other as "the guy I fuck".
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

marcjacob
    [QUOTE=DonMike;172427"the guy I fuck".[/QUOTE]

thats funny hehe :develish: