Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EVERYONE'S FAVORITE CARTOON? I KNOW YOU HAVE 1 oR 20!

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar

EVERYONE'S FAVORITE CARTOON? I KNOW YOU HAVE 1 oR 20!

Mine is VOLTRON: DEFENDER OF THE UNIVERSE

Paco
    of course I do!
    I'd rather watch just about any animation before watching a movie with live or real-life characters!

I was a HUGE DragonBall series junkie! Yah sure, it could have excluded some of the moral lessons, but what show does not try to ingrain their ethics in to you? (I love the way Family Guy bashes on this.)

Unfortunately, the channel (TeleToon) that played the series did not do so in order, let alone finish it, which is I believe is KINDA important.
    The only one I did not get to watch from start to finish was GT!

Dragon Ball - the beginning, so it's a must.
    Dragon BallZ - the best 'action', story and animation!
    Dragon Ball GT - unable to find on tape, in English (subtitled or dubbed), but it reminded me more of the first.

The best part, DBZ had the same time slot of the 'Friends' invasion (three channels @ same time), so it helped me escape from, and wipe my mind clean of th@ show!

I more or less love all the Japanese animation (excludes the hardcore adult stuff, hentai), especially when it is of the shaolin or martial arts flavour!
    Mech. stuff is okay, when the stories are good.

Of course, my list also includes:
    - American Dad. I do so love Roger!
    - Family Guy. Quagmire(sp?), Stewie and Brian taught me SO much!

I do so love kicking back, munching on a huge bag of zoomers and treating my eyeballs to 8-hours of anime (oh, the tears)!

my current fave is metalocolypse on adult swim. and speaking of adult swim, did you know you can watch their entire lineup free online with only a single commercial at the beginning?

http://www.adultswim.com/adultswimfix/index.html

i love rocky and bullwinkle, george of the jungle and tom slick. and ya can't go wrong with family guy or the now defunct futurama. i liked southpark earlier on but i feel it's gotten bitter and formula - but i loved their movie. and who here remembers the 1939 gulliver's travels?

cartoons rock!

Dzinerbear
    I love Family Guy and American Dad. And of course South Park.

Michael

Dart
    I really got into Reign The Conqueror when it was on Adult Swim.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Current, I would say Drawn Together. Can I have a mention for Wonder Showzen? it's got animation and live action. Imagine Sesame Street on some really bad acid.

As far as classic cartoons, definitely Warner Bros., Scooby Doo, Rocky & Bullwinkle and the original Spiderman (which often gave me nightmares as a kid). And Patti, yes I remember Gulliver's Travels. It was part of the Banana Splits Show along with the adventures of Tom and Huck, where they were real life but existed on a cartoon world, kind of like Rodger Rabbit on much, much creepier.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

Gay is the new Black
    As a kid - MunChiChis, Gummy Bears, Thundercats, Speed Buggy, WB Wacky Race, Wuzzles, Simpsons

Now - Family Guy, Simpsons
    Be Who You Are!

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolKnights View Post
    MunChiChis
    Sounds familiar. Keep hearing a song in my head. MUN CHI-CHI, MON CHI-CHI ...

Quote Originally Posted by DonMike View Post
    Spiderman (which often gave me nightmares as a kid).
    Really? I remember being so amused by that cartoon, Especially the way Pete just grabbed a needle and thread and made that costume. To me, making coatunmes with a single needle and thread was his greatest super power.

I think the 60's Spiderman had the coolest theme song in history too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dart View Post
    I really got into Reign The Conqueror when it was on Adult Swim.
    Don't think I've ever seen that one.

Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    george of the jungle
    Did he have two wives or what?

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by SPACE GLIDER View Post
    Really? I remember being so amused by that cartoon, Especially the way Pete just grabbed a needle and thread and made that costume. To me, making coatunmes with a single needle and thread was his greatest super power.

I think the 60's Spiderman had the coolest theme song in history too.
    Yeah, and this version is even cooler!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiZoMymZQXg

I never thought about the fact that he made his own costume with a needle and thread. All that piping??? OMG!

There was actually only one episode that gave me nightmares, the rest of the series was just cool. The freaky one had something to do with spidey going into another dimension. It was really trippy, obviously fueled by all the acid that was going around in the 60's. I don't remember much other than he was climbing a set of stairs that went up into nothing and a giant eye staring down at him. The backgrounds were all watercolors in dark purples, reds and blues and made it even more creepy.

Geeze, I'd love to have that on DVD now. LOL!
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

Yeah, and this version is even cooler!!!

Oh wow that is cooler!

Dart
    Quote Originally Posted by SPACE GLIDER View Post
    Don't think I've ever seen that one.
    If you're a fan of Aeon Flux, you should check it out!

Madame0120
    Anything Bugs Bunny and Bobby's World. Wish they did reruns of BW!

:bow: