Thread: Im Amazed How Many Sponsors Dont Care About..

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Im Amazed How Many Sponsors Dont Care About..

Content licensing.

It seems like all you have to do these days is ask a sponsor for access to a sites members area and they will let you login and use any of the content to be found inside.. Whether they own license to it or not :eek:

Has it really become so bad in the industry that some of the most well-known sponsors are willingly breaking content licenses to make a sale?

Regards,

Lee

spazlabz
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Content licensing.

It seems like all you have to do these days is ask a sponsor for access to a sites members area and they will let you login and use any of the content to be found inside..
    Yeah, thats all you have to do.. well, that and provide some sort of proof you're a webmasters and not a scamming surfmaster. I really cant comment on the rest of your post though since we own the licensing to all the content that you will see inside our sites but as far as I am concerned you will always have a better understanding of your traffic then I could hope to, so if all the tools we provide to a webmaster still isn't enough for them to make sales with then yeah, they can select the stuff they know they can make a profit from.

there are rules, they are simple and common sense and after that... have at and make some money!

spaz

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Spaz,

You may own the licenses to purchased content but you DONT own the license to give it out as affiliate content unless you specifically contacted the providers and paid extra for that.

Regards,

Lee

Today the USA, tommorrow the World collegeboyslive's Avatar
    Oh I would be pissed to hell if a webmaster was purchasing my content them reselling it to another webmaster. Actually we did catch one webmaster doing that years ago and I was sad that the feeds were the ONLY thing i could cut off
    Video feeds and content available to webmasters:
    http://demo.collegeboyslive.com http://affiliates.collegeboyslive.com

when we have gotten permission to log in and use content, which happens a lot, usually if all the content isn't exclusive, the webmaster lets me know which content not to use. i've only twice had webmasters allow us to harvest content that they probably weren't allowed to give to affiliates - and i didn't use it. i sure don't want to get caught up in a legal mess!

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    So far, we shoot and own 100% of the content on our sites, so we're pretty mellow about allowing our affilitaes to use content. We generally set limits on what they can use in terms of number of images per set, and we generally don't allow an affiliate to use video content other than our hosted video galleries, but we'll also make videos of a specific set if an affiliate who sends any reasonable amount of traffic asks.

We don't license our content for use on other pay sites at all, so that sort of issue has never come up. We do have some sets that we are not using and probably won't use (they aren't quite a fit for our sites), so we may at some point license or sell those, but that will be a completely different deal.

I'm sure there could be some cases where content given to affiliates will get abused, but for the most part, people have been pretty respectful with us about it.

marcjacob
    Ive never considered this. I do these deals with sponsors, i obey the rules they set (if you take the piss the deal wont last long!). Ive been told many times to only use certain sets which are exclusive to them, id be stunned if a sponsor allowed me to use sets they dont have exclusive rights on.

Id probably drop that sponsor in a heart beat if they did. I simply wouldnt take the risk and i think it shows a level of dishonesty (theyll cheat their supliers - will they cheat me?). Thankfully all my sponsors are good people and honest as far as i can tell. Perhaps im luck of nieve .

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    We only give our affiliates content that is owned by us or acceptable for webmaster use. I would never give out content that is not licensed and has any restrictions on.

Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

D-Rock
    It seems harder and harder to please webmasters with content availability...If you don’t grant them access to all the content they get upset because they are not receiving it for free (and expect it)...but now it seems that if the content is offered to them they may get uppity because of licensing issues.... what is a sponsor program to do to please a webmaster in the realm of content?

I'd rather be whole, than good
    I agree with Derrick - we give away enormous amounts of content that we own however it's never enough for some webmasters. It's really frustrating.

Lee - have you considered informing the licensors of what you are talking about here? I'm sure some formal warnings and a law suit or 2 would nip the problem in the bud.

I have a different perspective seeing all of the content on a myriad of sites daily. If you are gonna give away the store, why would someone want to purchase anything. I think there is too much free content on too many free feeder sites that a surfer can become satiated quickly and not need to purchase a thing.