Thread: Anyone been thinking of selling sites lately?

How long have you been gay?

Anyone been thinking of selling sites lately?

Interested in seeing whats out there in the way of sites with traffic and PR from stable sources..

Cheers.

ICQ bhutocracy 2-8-1-3-7-3-3-2-4

marcjacob
    I dont understand why people do this? Not having a go, im genuinely asking. Surly the site you buy is only good if you keep sending the traffic, so wouldnt it be cheaper to buy a site from someone who doesnt know how to send traffic, get it cheap, and make a pile of cash? If its just for the traffic id guess that will soon run out if you dont market it so why not save money and do it yourself?

Im obviously wrong as loads of people do it. Just wonderd why?

a solid site that gets plenty of search engine traffic is a good thing to own, and the higher the pr rank, the better as long as you don't change anything. you don't have to send traffic to those and if they've been around a long time, they'll probably keep on sending traffic.

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by marcjacob View Post
    I dont understand why people do this? Not having a go, im genuinely asking. Surly the site you buy is only good if you keep sending the traffic, so wouldnt it be cheaper to buy a site from someone who doesnt know how to send traffic, get it cheap, and make a pile of cash? If its just for the traffic id guess that will soon run out if you dont market it so why not save money and do it yourself?

Im obviously wrong as loads of people do it. Just wonderd why?
    If bhutocracy is working for gunzblazing as his sig suggests, they could afford to buy just about any site and not think twice about the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    a solid site that gets plenty of search engine traffic is a good thing to own, and the higher the pr rank, the better as long as you don't change anything. you don't have to send traffic to those and if they've been around a long time, they'll probably keep on sending traffic.
    pretty much. The whole reason im talking about stable exterior sources is it has value beyond the initial sweat to create it. It doesn't just have to be SE traffic, it can be perm links/trades etc basically anything that doesn't only have traffic and PR because of the hundred other sites in their network that will taper off when they pull links after the sale.
    If I just wanted a shell of a site to buy traffic for I'd do it in house.. we have people for that. I'm not concerned about that. Aquiring something and keeping it ticking over however cuts to the chase doesn't it? The point isn't neccessarily to find a bargain and make it worth more although that is always a good thing. It's just another way of buying traffic/joins, except it's a going concern. Creating our own sites is buying traffic... wages are being paid to the guys in-house making them.. it's not free just because you do it yourself Not to mention the opportunity cost of not being able to do other things with in-house labor.
    I dunno.. why do people buy McDonald's franchises..

Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    If bhutocracy is working for gunzblazing as his sig suggests, they could afford to buy just about any site and not think twice about the cost.
    nahhh.. our payouts are too high.. we've all taken a vow of poverty just to keep webmasters happy..

Andrew
    Quote Originally Posted by bhutocracy2 View Post
    nahhh.. our payouts are too high.. we've all taken a vow of poverty just to keep webmasters happy..
    hehe something tells me this is not true