Thread: Whats A Good Entry Level Digital / DVD / HD Camcorder?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Whats A Good Entry Level Digital / DVD / HD Camcorder?

Im looking to purchase an entry level camcorder sometime in the next couple of weeks to do some movie stuff and wondered what you folks were currently using?

I guess im looking to spend around $1500 but, im looking for something that has a good playback quality direct from the raw recording as oppose to something that looks crappy until it has been edited and retouched etc.

Anyone have any suggestions on models i should be looking at?

Regards,

Lee

Making Pain Pay!

Canon

Lee,
    I really like the canon line of cameras. They have flourite (not sure of the spelling) lenses...which are really high quality glass. A lot of low end cameras have plastic lenses.

The GL-2 is a great camera...and runs around 1200-2000 depending on where you get it...options, etc.

I got mine at Best Buy, and think it was $1900.

It is a 3 chip camera, and the quality is excellent.

Canon also works seemlesly with Apple Products...so if you use a MAC you will appreciate the firewire interface right out of the box without adding any additional software.

- Michael
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    For $1500, I'd go for the GL-2 as well. Solid camera, good optics, 3 CCDs.

If you want to spend a bit more, you can find a used Panasonic DVX-100 or 100A for between $1800-2200. There's a subtle but noticeable quality difference between it and the GL in my opinion, and it has some nice additional features (24 frame functionalty and cine gamma for film-like quality, various presets, professional 3 pin audio inputs).

If you want to spend less, the Panasonic PVGS300 is a remarkable camera for about $500. About the least expensive 3 chip camera out there, surprisingly good low-light functionality, good color accuracy for an inexpensive camera.

These days almost anything, even most $250 cameras at Wal-Mart, has a firewire out, and applications like Vegas and Premiere have universal camera control, so compatibility isn't really an issue any more.

samebb
    Lee,

In the UK Canon have just released a very small, but awesome HDV camera. Its like 900 pounds here so it would be a bit over your budget but definatly worth looking at!