Thread: firefox 2.0 constantly freezing

firefox 2.0 constantly freezing

I just had to revert back to firefox 1.5 as version 2 kept freezing on me, like 20-30 times a day I would have to kill it manually and then restart it. I scanned the support boards and this is a very common problem. I tried setting up a new profile and removing all extensions but none of that helped. I even tried removing it completely and reinstalling but no luck.

Any one else having the same problems with ff 2.0? If yes, did you get a fix for it?

cheers,
    Luke

How long have you been gay?
    I only have that problem if there is a java applet running on the page I am trying to load. It crashes everytime then.

Other than that I've had no issues with it

Paco
    did you install a lot of extensions? Most members that I help with FF have similar problems, with all versions, when too many extensions are installed. If yes, remove some as well revert back to the original theme and see if it crashes, or freezes up, still.

I removed all Firefox files prior to installing 2.0, and I am with out issues.

I do have a gripe with the stupid new 'x' or close tab feature, and stacking of tabs.

I installed it on a brand new laptop just over a week ago, the only extension I had installed was the google toolbar. I removed that and it did not help, I also reinstalled with no extensions (following instructions on the forum, deleting all leftover files and rebooting too) and that did not help either.

I removed it all again this morning, rebooted and then installed 1.5 and I haven't had a single problem. Plus 1.5 actually seems faster.

cheers,
    Luke

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor. Ben's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilihost View Post
    I installed it on a brand new laptop just over a week ago, the only extension I had installed was the google toolbar. I removed that and it did not help, I also reinstalled with no extensions (following instructions on the forum, deleting all leftover files and rebooting too) and that did not help either.

I removed it all again this morning, rebooted and then installed 1.5 and I haven't had a single problem. Plus 1.5 actually seems faster.

cheers,
    Luke
    I didn't have exactly the same problem with the version 2.0. It didn't freeze, but whenever I restated Windows and ran FF 2.0 again, a warning message would pop up telling me that the previous session didn't end regularly and whether I want to restore it or start a new session. That got on my nerves so I reverted to 1.58 as well and don't plan to upgrade until they fix the issue.
    Last edited by Ben; 11-21-2006 at 01:08 PM. Reason: --

Meant to be Obscene, not Heard. HotMaleVideos's Avatar
    Yes, lots of problems with 2.0. There's supposedly some nasty memory leaks which have yet to be fixed. They rushed it to beat IE7, IMO.

I went back to 1.5 myself.

CorbinFisher.com CorbinFisher_BD's Avatar
    Not using it on this particular computer (1.5 here) but on another computer I do have 2.0 installed on I occasionally get a bit of a freeze with a few particular websites, I've noticed. But never for more than a few seconds, and then it kicks back in to normal.

CorbinFisher's Amateur College Men

the memory leak has been a constant problem since the first releases of firefox, you just have to make sure you shut your browser once a day.