Thread: Encoding/Video Editing Tutorials

Richard Craver

Encoding/Video Editing Tutorials

I'm just going through the various postings here on GWW about video editing and encoding. Lots of great info.

Are there some "blond" oriented tuturials around that would be of help to a newbie?

give us all the info on your project that you can and i'm sure some of us will try to help.

what program are you using to edit / encode the videos?

what format are the videos you are trying to edit / encode?

what format(s) are you trying to encode them to?

what editing do you need to do?

Richard Craver
    nothing out of the ordinary basschick!

just starting small with my first paysite.

looking at a 'chevette' rather than a cadillac.

i've got everything pretty much nailed down except for content options... particularly vids/streaming/vids/dvds/ etc.

Right now I'm just following the KISS(keep it simple, stupid) principle as much as humanly possible!

there is no "ordinary". i've reviewed over 1500 paysites and every company or site has their own settings, sizes, formats, etc.

keep in mind that chevette videos won't make members come back unless your content is a very unique niche or you have truly exceptional models. so lower quality or smaller vids can cost you retention, especially as a lot of sites are now offering larger vids.

do you have programs to edit and encode yet or are you still looking? if you're still looking, try the cheaper versions of sony vegas. you can try them for 30 days for free and i recommend vegas highly. both of these are under $150.

cheapest vegas http://www.sonymediasoftware.com/Pro...ct.asp?PID=977

one step up - supports HD and has a few more tools
    http://www.sonymediasoftware.com/pro...ct.asp?PID=408

for cutting clips, boilsoft's splitter is fast, easy and does a great job
    http://www.boilsoft.com/videosplitter/

if you're only going with a single video format, WMV is self streaming without any software, which is a big plus. despite what you may have heard, you can make excellent quality WMVs and most people can watch them, particularly if you don't go with the very latest codec.

if you're going with 2 formats, you can either try MPG (which is virtually universal and some PC users prefer it) or Quicktime (pretty much all Mac users can see these, although i believe they can also see MPGS).

i wish i could give you better answers but your questions haven't really nailed down what it is you want to know. the more specific you get, the better answers we can give!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Craver View Post
    nothing out of the ordinary basschick!

just starting small with my first paysite.

looking at a 'chevette' rather than a cadillac.

i've got everything pretty much nailed down except for content options... particularly vids/streaming/vids/dvds/ etc.

Right now I'm just following the KISS(keep it simple, stupid) principle as much as humanly possible!

Richard Craver
    Since I'm just starting out, I've just been going through Bec's list of content providers(tnx Bec! ) I thought I'd start by purchasing content

BUT there seems to a lot of photo content out there to purchase but much less quality video content and even less combined photo/vid content of same model/session.

So I'm sort of scratching my head about what to do.

license full DVD's and rip 'em. they are gonna be full sized and high quality. otherwise it sort of depends on what you have to spend.

Since I'm just starting out, I've just been going through Bec's list of content providers(tnx Bec! ) I thought I'd start by purchasing content

BUT there seems to a lot of photo content out there to purchase but much less quality video content and even less combined photo/vid content of same model/session.

So I'm sort of scratching my head about what to do.

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    license full DVD's and rip 'em. they are gonna be full sized and high quality. otherwise it sort of depends on what you have to spend.
    But make sure you get the required 2257 documents. DVD content brokers are notorious for their inability to provide IDs and releases.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    But make sure you get the required 2257 documents. DVD content brokers are notorious for their inability to provide IDs and releases.
    WWC LOL

Actually, i havent had any problems getting docs for the DVDs that XXX Content Direct have although they dont have as much of a collection as WWC the fact they actually have the 2257 docs on hand for ALL of their DVD titles makes me feel a lt safer purchasing from them.

Regards,

Lee

as i understand it, WWC has documents for some of their DVDs, so if all else fails, you can always ask before buying...

You're welcome -- nice to know the list is still being used.