Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: walmart being being extorted by the radical homosexual agenda :-/

walmart being being extorted by the radical homosexual agenda :-/

well, well, well. i hadn't heard that walmart was attempting to revitalize their image by supporting diversity. i may have some issues with their business, but i think this is pretty spiffy - especially considering the size of walmart and the fact that supporting human rights and dignity seems to be against what a large section of their so-called christian shoppers believe in.

"NEW YORK - Long under fire from the left, Wal-Mart is now a target of Christian conservatives urging shoppers to boycott the huge retailer's post-Thanksgiving sales because of its low-key outreach to some gay-rights organizations.

One group, the American Family Association, is asking supporters to stay away from Wal-Mart on Friday and Saturday — two of the busiest shopping days of the year. Another group, Operation Save America, plans prayer-and-preaching rallies outside many Wal-Mart stores on Friday.

The corporate actions that triggered the protests were little different from those taken by scores of major companies in recent years — Wal-Mart paid $25,000 this summer to become a member of the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce and donated $60,000 to Out and Equal, which promotes gay-rights advances in the workplace.

Conservative leaders viewed these actions as a betrayal of Wal-Mart's traditions, which have included efforts to weed out magazines with racy covers and CDs with explicit lyrics.

"This has been Christian families' favorite store — and now they're giving in, sliding down the slippery slope so many other corporations have gone down," said the Rev. Flip Benham of Operation Save America. "They're all being extorted by the radical homosexual agenda."

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. spokesman David Tovar said the company's outreach to the gay-rights groups was part of a broader effort to best serve its diverse customer base.

"We take pride that we treat every customer, every supplier, every member of our communities fairly and equally," Tovar said Tuesday. "We do not have a position on same-sex marriage. ... What we do have is a strong commitment to diversity. We're against discrimination everywhere."

Justin Nelson, president of the Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce, said conservative activists had misrepresented his business-oriented group as a leading advocate of gay marriage in order to tarnish Wal-Mart.

"Their campaign has not been to educate, but to mislead," he said.

Wal-Mart ranks in the middle among companies rated by the Human Rights Campaign, a major gay-rights group, for workplace policies toward gays. Scores of companies now have a perfect 100 rating, while Wal-Mart's rating has risen from 14 in 2002 to 65 this year as it added sexual orientation to its nondiscrimination code and offered some domestic-partner benefits.

Human Rights Campaign president Joe Solmonese said he spoke with a Wal-Mart executive Tuesday and came away confident the company would continue efforts to promote workplace equality for gays.

Tim Wildmon, the American Family Association's president, said he and his allies had not ruled out extending the boycott against Wal-Mart, depending on how the company responded to the weekend protests.

"They are so gigantic, it's hard to make a dent," he said. "We're just trying to see if there's some measurable effect this weekend, see if we can get their attention."

Wildmon said Wal-Mart had been responsive to conservative pressure on a different issue, approving use of the word "Christmas" in advertising and employee greetings this season after shifting to a "happy holidays" phrasing last year.

That campaign was one of the first times Wal-Mart came under sustained criticism from the right. Far more often, it has been a target of left-of-center groups, such as WakeUpWalMart.com, complaining that the company pays low wages, skimps on employee benefits and outsources too many jobs.

The company has responded by adding low-cost health care plans, launching environmental programs and increasing diversity among employees and suppliers.

Paul Blank, campaign director for WakeUpWalMart.com, sent a letter Tuesday to Wal-Mart CEO Lee Scott urging the company not to cede to the boycott.

"We not only look forward to Wal-Mart remaining steadfast in its support for equal rights, but to the coming day when Wal-Mart will do what is truly right — become a better employer," Blank wrote.

Gary Chaison, an industrial relations professor at Clark University in Worcester, Mass., said the conflicting pressures on Wal-Mart are "the price of being big and having many constituencies."

"Everyone expects Wal-Mart, because it has so many stores, to set the moral tone for America," he said. "The company has been trying to find a middle road, and it's had a great deal of difficulty doing that."

Another major corporation, Ford Motor Co., already is the target of an American Family Association boycott because it advertises in gay publications and supports gay-rights groups.

The Tupelo, Miss.-based AFA says 550,000 people have signed a pledge to boycott Ford and it takes partial credit for the company's financial problems. Ford spokesman Oscar Suris declined comment; an industry analyst, University of Detroit professor Michael Bernacchi, was doubtful the boycott was having much impact."

Article: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061121/..._mart_protests

Wal-Mart statement: http://www.walmartfacts.com/articles/4617.aspx

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    LOL crazy stuff.

I was reading an article yesterday on one of these wack-job, Christian-parent, Anti-gay sites about how they 'successfully' got Walmart to remove a book from their stores because it was dealing with teen sexuality and it had to do with lesbianism.

Its really amazing that these groups dont have anything better to do with their time than look for companies 'offending' religion or America's youth.

Regards,

Lee

marcjacob
    If you cant win an argument... use blackmail!

Pethetic.

I would like to add though that not all Christians believe this tripe. im Christian and i dont believe for a second that God hates gay people or that the Bible truly condems Gay people when taken in its purest and origional form (ie the origional manuscripts that create the Bible). These people are sick and as bad as the Muslims who pevert Islam in order to justify murder.

Now im not anti American in any sense, but i really feel that America needs to wake up. They preach "All men born equal" and "freedom and democracy" to the world, then try to ban Gay Marriage in most States?

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    This thread I started yesterday is good supplemental reading :-)

http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/...ad.php?t=20537

:signhere:
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

marcjacob - i'd say most christians ARE like that, although not all. i've known hundreds of christians in my life and 2 families seemed to actually believe that hate was wrong without reservations and practiced loving their fellow humans. the rest give it lip service but when you talk specifics, their beliefs encompass war or judgement of others. and don't get me started about the number of so-called christians i have known who either molested their small children or regularly pay prostitutes or go to commercial dungeons.

chad - read it yesterday on yahoo news. good article

Sana Chan
    Ok, I may be stepping on a land mine here but I'm gonna say my peace.

I am a Walmart employee, have been for 3 years as of the 19th. Its my main source of income. My store, even here in BF Nowhere, TN is very diverse. I know of at least 3 gay men in my store, two of which are open domestic partners, and there may be more that I don't know about. My former dept. manager who trained me (she got a promotion to a salary job) was bisexual and very open about it.

While I know some of our employees (including a friend of mine) do not agree with their life style, they are very respectful and professional in our workplace. I haven't heard of any harsh words, nasty rumours, or malicious actions done to these people. I'm glad to see this happening before my eyes.

On a side note that some of you may not know about. Last week Walmart presented a check of $750,000 to the Jason Foundation, an organization that supports information/training and treatment options to prevent Youth Suicide. Suicide is the 3rd leading cause of preventable death in people 15-24 and the second leading cause of death for college aged youths.

$0.02

Interesting story Basschick thanks for the info

I find it ironic that the christians say homosexuals have an agenda when christians are the ones boycotting businesses, protesting at Gay funerals, and supporting legislation to take more rights away from homosexuals.

It's not enough for them that we are not equal citizens, they want us to pay for who we are. They want us to suffer and they want anyone who supports equality to suffer. Let's not forget the axis of evil and picking fights we can't finish. What a mess they've made of things.
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Because when I go to Walmart and see a bunch of obnoxious, out of control brats screaming and crying and fat 18 year old mothers in dirty white tracks pants... I think..

"too gay".

:jasun:
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

jeffmaleflixxx
    I think the Left has been very critical of wal-mart for years and this PR stunt was done to appease the left a bit so that wal-mart can open shops in Manhattan, Chicago or urban Boston. wouldn't;t that be great a wal-mart on 5th avenue. Let's see how far Christian conservatives will get without wal-mart. Last time I checked all the independent stores in small town / rural america have been closed down because of wal-mart. why didn't these people boycott then, i think the closure of independent business is more frightening than some homo's shopping for laundry detergent in wally-world. This is a "making hay" issue. blame the gays for the econmic mis-fortune in middle america and not wal-mart.

kake
    talk about it good
    talk about it bad

but talk about it.

Low cost Publicity :shock:

maxpower
    Where are the Gay Terrorists when we need them? :eek:

marcjacob
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower View Post
    Where are the Gay Terrorists when we need them? :eek:
    Ive allways thought that would be a great idea. It worked in Northern Ireland, its working in Palestine. Terrorism works, takes a while but it sure works.

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by marcjacob View Post
    Ive allways thought that would be a great idea. It worked in Northern Ireland, its working in Palestine. Terrorism works, takes a while but it sure works.
    That’s my thinking too, sure as hell is working good in Iraq. A good old fashion truck bomb aimed at the American Family Association head quarters sure would make them think twice about spreading hate. If they are going to attack us I only think its fair if we return the favor to the Christian conservatives. Just think how fast they would rethink things when people are afraid to attend these hate mongers churches, and more importantly for them their donations start to suffer. I hope you know I am joking, I really do not believe in hurting anyone, but I do think the gay community really needs more testosterone. Its a really sad fact that we are about the last group that its ok to hate in this country, and I for one blame us for this. Its really pathetic that we as a group put up with this crap, do you really think any other minority group would?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasun View Post
    Because when I go to Walmart and see a bunch of obnoxious, out of control brats screaming and crying
    I leave the store when i see/hear that, same in restaurants, i wish i could do it on flights to but it is unfortunately illegal to try and open the plane door while in mid-flight LOL

Parents really do need to understand that after 8pm at night, there is no need for kids to be seen in public, if you have children and want to eat out, go to TGI Fridays or some other 'family' orientated restuarant, dont bring your fucking kids to an upmarket restaurant where they are going to ruin the dining experience for everyone else :goatse:

Regards,

Lee

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I leave the store when i see/hear that, same in restaurants, i wish i could do it on flights to but it is unfortunately illegal to try and open the plane door while in mid-flight LOL

Parents really do need to understand that after 8pm at night, there is no need for kids to be seen in public, if you have children and want to eat out, go to TGI Fridays or some other 'family' orientated restuarant, dont bring your fucking kids to an upmarket restaurant where they are going to ruin the dining experience for everyone else :goatse:

Regards,

Lee
    If it weren't for the screeching self-righteous non-smokers who demand all restaurants to be non-smoking, the smoking section would usually be a child free sanctuary. I discovered riding trains in Europe that Smoking First Class was free of screaming children. Hooray for smoking sections!!
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!