Thread: Internet Explorer 7 auto-installs TODAY

Rimmates.com

Internet Explorer 7 auto-installs TODAY

If you haven't checked your automatic updates, today is the day IE7 gets auto-installed unless you disabled the feature or caught the update using advanced installations settings.

Has anyone installed it, and if so... how does it run?

Curious if your affliate sites, sponsors, links, galleries are all showing up fine.

Xstr8guy
    Thanks for the warning. I turned off auto-updates.

its been autoupdating for the last 2 weeks, ms had decided to spread it out over time so their servers wouldn't fail. The new ie is better than the old ie, but its still not as good as firefox

Rimmates.com
    Should I hold off on Firefox 2 as well? I'm using 1.5.0.4, but haven't made the decision to move to 2.

I'm sure IE7 is much improved over 6, but I am doing what most corporate folks do and that is wait until feedback about IE7 hits mainstream, and then wait for the first set of glitch fixes and patches to come out before installing.

I started an i.e. 7 thread about 3 weeks ago, you can check it out for some feedback on the new version. I would recommend all webmasters get it installed so they can look at their own sites and see how 75% of all their surfers will see it....cuz you know the average user has auto-updates set and will be using i.e.7 soon if not already.

As for firefox, I have had some problems with version 2 freezing all the time but its dead easy to uninstall and reinstall 1.5....so why not keep up to date on these things?

cheers,
    Luke