Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Even exepnsive cars come with lieing sales staff

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar

Even exepnsive cars come with lieing sales staff

<rant>

I always thought you go to buy an expensive car, you won't have to deal with the usual pushy, lieing, cheating salespeople found at places like Dodge and such.

Well what a fucking surprise.

They gave us the internet price and howled what a deal it was. The sales lady said "I have to check our price on the internet. You know we put everything on the internet because it's so international"

We closed the lease, came back home and I checked the dealer's site. Our car, same color, same VIN number, but $1,995 below what they told us the internet price was! Ha! They lied to us with a fucking smile and offered us cookies and free drinks. Great Lexus experience, so much for buying "underprice"!

Being the world's #1 Lexus dealer, or whatever other things they like to tout, means shit. These people are no different than a Dodge dealer. At all!

So this morning we went back and I told them this has to be corrected pronto. They sent us the scummy sales guy - the agressive type, telling us how much we got with the car and how this and that was so superb.

First he said the price was not what they had online because we chose $3000 wheels, which were allegedly free to get us to sign the lease.

I told him the wheels are $1800 invoice to the dealer and the MSRP is $2450 he was not pleased I knew this. I called him out - I said you are lieing the average negotiated price at Edmunds for these wheels is $2100. He says well ... we sell them for $2999 you know it costs money to put them on and stuff.

At closing he said we get the wheels free, and I knew it was a lie so I told them put it on the paper in writing, they did.

When he came back the 2nd time to "appologise" he gave us a second version of why they fucked us on the price and said that it was not because they lied to us, but because the sales lady downloaded "the stuff" from the internet and that maybe it was updated after we signed the lease, and that maybe something happened and the price wasn't updated!

It was so ridiculos I could not keep from laughing in his face, he felt weird, he knew I didn't believe him so he got up shook hands and left. Bastard.

We got the lease corrected without any haggle - I think it helped being in the lobby near other customers who could hear us, and I made sure I spoke loud!

Lesson: Buying a Lexus is like buying a Dodge - you get the same lieing scummy sales people pulling one over on you every step of the wayThe only difference between them and cheaper dealers is they wear better uniforms, and offer you free drinks and fucking cookies every 3 minutes. There is no "experience" when buying a Lexus, it's a myth. The nice dealeships and free crap is just eye candy, to mask all the lies you are getting from them and they fuck you out of cash with a smile.

You will get shafted out of thousands of dollars even if the dealer is #1 Lexus dealer in the world, and they sell you their underprice slogan. Lesson learned.

Now I have to make bad on my promise to the sales lady, that conned me out of $5000, not to fill out the survey when it arrives because if it's not all positive it looks bad for them.

Apparently Lexus corporate reads the surveys customers fill out and even call back if something seems off.

</rant>

Making Pain Pay!

Salepeople

I think that maybe ALL salespeople lie. When we bought our Mercedes, we got fucked by the sales/dealer too. Come to think of it...same thing with our Timeshare. And my....
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    AJ went to buy his Mercedes and told the guy straight off that he'd done his research, knew the prices and wanted a no-BS deal. The guy almost immediately started scamming him, and AJ just said "OK, I told you once that I was serious, and you blew it. Sorry, your dealership just lost the sale."

He sent emails to three other Mercedes dealers, and two called him back and offered him the price that he was willing to pay. He went and closed the deal in 2 hours, no hassle.

I've had dozens of similar stories. I don't think it matters if it's a $100,000 car or a $3,000 car. Actually, the best, most honest interaction I ever had was with a tiny used car lot selling me a $4000 car. I went in assuming that they were going to rip me off one way or another, and I ended up getting a great car at a fabulous price, with no inflated "add-ons" or other BS. So I think it goes to show there are crooks at every level and honest people at every level as well.

The dealerships that survive in coming years will be the ones that learn how to cultivate long term relationships and treat customers with integrity and honesty.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    I have to say, ive read this thread a couple of times and still cant get my head around the reason for wanting to buy a Lexus of all cars? :eek:

Regards,

Lee

well, from my friends that have owned them, I've heard they are comfortable, stylish, fun to drive, and, being Japanese cars, are notoriously low maintenance vehicles. Everyone I know that's driven German cars says they're great but need more maintenance/upkeep than Japanese cars. Perhaps that's part of the reason.

Making Pain Pay!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I have to say, ive read this thread a couple of times and still cant get my head around the reason for wanting to buy a Lexus of all cars? :eek:

Regards,

Lee
    I thought the same thing when I first read it...

You should have saved some money and just bought the Toyota Carolla. Same basic car. :hmm:
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

gaybucks_skyler
    Ahhhh finally something I love to talk about... cars are totally my thing!!!

OK... so I agree with the statement made that most sales people are conniving bastards, regardless of the brand of car you are purchasing. So, you have to be careful wherever you go to purchase or lease. It does help greatly to do ALL of your research before you step foot in a dealership. They will try to take advantage of you regardless… and even more if you are a woman or even worse a queer. LOL Trust me being a skinny little blonde twink and walking into a Lexus dealership you don’t have a lot of respect right away, but you get to put a few cocky sales guys in their place is a good time. I know cars… don’t fuck with me. I grew up in a garage and have rebuilt an engine from merely the parts on a table.

When it comes to what Chip said AJ did is what my father and I have done many times and seems to be rather successful. Set your feet and don’t budge. Know what you want and how much you are willing to pay. Don’t back down and don’t give in, and walk out if you have to. We even made an offer on a car once (my first car… my Suburban) and they turned us down… then called us 3 days later and asked if we still wanted it for OUR price… needless to say I got my Suburban. I have owned far too many cars for being only 20 years old and I know how to buy one… new and used.

When it comes to the German versus Japanese argument; there are all too many variables. I have owned multiple Toyotas/Lexus’ and have loved all of them. They are amazing cars and the engines are bullet proof. If you want a car you can literally drive the shit out of and put like 100,000 miles a year on with out having to even service it… then buy a Japanese car, because that’s what I do. They just stand up to my beatings. I have had quite a few NICE/EXPENSIVE American cars and after like 2 years and 150,000 miles they just fall apart around you. It’s sad but true… they just don’t have longevity. Although my father swears by GM products and only drives a Chevy truck so it’s also a matter of preference. When it comes to a German engineering it is the best. They are the most advanced in everything. Mercedes is the best for a reason. Personally I have never owned one so I can’t speak for longevity and maintenance, but I have driven quite a few and they are by far the nicest ride and have more luxuries than imaginable. Although Lexus and Acura aren’t too far behind. The new Lexus LS460L is SEXY. And I predict it will soon win its title of #1 large luxury sedan back from the BMW 745iL, which was taken from Lexus’ 7 year holding, with it’s release a few years ago.

Anyway sorry I’m kind of ranting now… regardless Lexus’ are nice cars and are lot less expensive than a Mercedes sooooo it only seems logical to purchase one in my opinion, if you like it and it fits you. It really is a matter of test driving it though. It totally depends on you… you could sit in a $60,000 Mercedes and not manage to get comfortable, but jump into a $35,000 Volvo and fit right it… it totally depends.

So the moral of the story is…. you should buy what you like and what FITS YOU, but beware of salesmen wherever you go….

Love, Sky

I Want To See Bradleys 'B-Unit' deanb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_skyler View Post
    Mercedes is the best for a reason. Personally I have never owned one so I can’t speak for longevity and maintenance, but I have driven quite a few and they are by far the nicest ride and have more luxuries than imaginable.
    I will vouch for Mercedes... Like Skyler, I have had WAYYYYYYY too many cars for my age. I treated them all like shit, as they did me. Thought the exception was the Mercedes that I owned. I drove the fuck out of it, treated it like shit. I put 35,000 miles on a used Mercedes without so much as an oil change! That car ran like a champ, and never gave me shit!
    ICQ# 200-385-093

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post

Regards,

Lee
    Well he's been talking about that fucking GS for ever, we walked in the showroom, just to look, and they had his favorite GS in his favorite color with a bow on top the rest is history.

I raised a ruckus but short of tearing up the papers and draging him out nothing would've stopped him.

Now he wants to drive it a year and trade it for an LS

Male menopause what can you do

Quote Originally Posted by jIgG View Post
    Well he's been talking about that fucking GS for ever, we walked in the showroom, just to look, and they had his favorite GS in his favorite color with a bow on top the rest is history.

I raised a ruckus but short of tearing up the papers and draging him out nothing would've stopped him.

Now he wants to drive it a year and trade it for an LS

Male menopause what can you do
    Haha im actually quite partial to some of the Saab models right now although i think its probably going to be early-mid next year before i get brave enough to drag GA down to the local dealership LOL

Regards,

Lee

If you buy one, you'll have a Saab story to tell us

(Sorry.)

*groan*

i prefer cars i can get fixed easily without going to a dealer. so for my future cars, saab is out and so are subaru and volvo.

Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post

(Sorry.)

Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post

(Sorry.)
    *I* wont.. Gary will LOL

I just point out what i want when it comes to stuff like that and he takes care of the rest, whether he likes to or not LOL

Thats what happened with our new bedroom furniture a few months ago, we went in looking for a new bed and walked out with a new bed, dresser, 2 bedside cabinets, new sheets, comforter and god knows what else LOL

He knows i'll sign anything and not worry about how much it costs, at least if he does it he knows what im spending at any given time haha

BTW, we just came back from World Market, $200 worth of candy later (picture coming shortly)

Regards,

Lee

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jIgG View Post
    <rant>

Lesson: Buying a Lexus is like buying a Dodge -

</rant>

I just bought a new Dodge tonight!! And it is bright yellow with 4 wheel drive, a V-8 and big beefy tires. :p

I walked in with all of my documentation and the clear title to my trade in, along with a printout of the Kelley Blue Book values, dealer invoice and retail prices. Price negotiation took only 15 minutes but waiting for the paperwork to be drawn up took an hour and 5 cigarettes with the sales manager. He told me that 3 months ago the owner of the dealership fired the entire management staff [the guy I was talking with had been brought in from another store in the dealership family] for ripping people off and it now they are under strict rules not to mislead or bullshit. They didn't even swarm like locusts when I drove on the lot!

I don't think it matters what the name on the car is, what matters is the quality of the management and the buyer's own education before setting foot on the lot, like AJ did.

A former roommate of mine bought a new Honda last year and traded in a paid-off vehicle. The finance manager included GAP insurance, a tire warranty, an extended warranty, LOJACK, and a few other "dealer installed" options that added $6000 to the price of the car. They told him that $19,000 was the price of the car, and everything was included in the price. By extending his payments to 72 months instead of 48 like he asked, they kept the monthly payment low so he did not realize everything he was paying for. Final purchase price was $25,000 even though the price _of the car_ was $19,000. They used slick misleading gimmicks to trick him into buying things he did not know he was buying but increasing their profit margin dramatically.

He did not need GAP insurance because with his trade-in there would never be a gap, the extended warranty was not necessary for his driving habits, and he didn't even know about the LOJACK. When I went in with him and told the sales manager I would be filing a civil lawsuit against every person who was involved in the sale individually and the Honda dealer as a company, they decided to remove all of those extras. I don't think they would have been so agreeable if it was not for a licensed lawyer spitting bullets in the showroom. Some dealerships prey on people, grabbing them by the ankles and shaking out the change. Sometimes lawyers come in handy for righting wrongs.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    My new truck will NEVER get lost in a parking lot.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!