Thread: Dickcraver.com ?

maxpower

Dickcraver.com ?

I was just wondering what you guys think about dickcraver.com, they have been picking up some of my links from hunkhunters.com, and e-mailing me about the additions. I know I have tested their site in the past (must not have been that good at that time) Its just the way the directory is set-up looks like its hard for viewers to see your link and its packed full of upsales, hell they have more upsale links on each page than webmaster links. What are your thoughts on these guys is it worth the trouble or should I keep my return traffic for more symbiotic directories?

dickcraver is the new version of gayfucksites.com (go there and you will be redirected). The owner posts here and I know him, he is a good guy. I would say to add him to your list of submits.

cheers,
    Luke

Richard Craver
    hello maxpower.

Dickcraver certainly doesn't get its links from Hunkhunter's. Hell I don't even know who they are

As to the setup, thanks for the feedback, we're always on the lookout on ways to improve tings. I don't think the level of upsell is particularly more or less than any of the other directories on the market.

That being said the directory's been around for awhile, has a good decent and growing traffic base and is always open to new submitters!

marcjacob
    Im surpised you dont know who Hunk Hunter is. They seem to be a bigger player. They send alot of traffic too.

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by marcjacob View Post
    Im surpised you dont know who Hunk Hunter is. They seem to be a bigger player. They send alot of traffic too.
    LOL ya Hunk Hunter’s are in the top 5 gay directories in the world its hard to believe anyone would not know who they are. With the pages that Dennis decides to redirect traffic to you could only got those links from him or GMP but his site being so well know I just assumed that is where its coming from.

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Craver View Post
    hello maxpower.

Dickcraver certainly doesn't get its links from Hunkhunter's. Hell I don't even know who they are

As to the setup, thanks for the feedback, we're always on the lookout on ways to improve tings. I don't think the level of upsell is particularly more or less than any of the other directories on the market.

That being said the directory's been around for awhile, has a good decent and growing traffic base and is always open to new submitters!
    Well its not just the upsells, the rating system makes it hard to see the links, and god help you if you land on page 2-3 of the new links. I would think about minimizing or removing the rating system, listing all new sites for that day on the same page, separating free sites with AVS sites in the directory, listing more links on each page (maybe 5-10X as many) And man from your main page it takes another 4 clicks just to get to the first page of links in your directory for lets say twink sites, that only lists less than 25 older sites and over 50% of them are made by the same person hummmmm GayQuality.com. just for starters LOL. I am sure I will test the traffic again but will all those hurdles for viewers I am pretty sure why I have not put you in my main link package.

Its just not fair to the directories that send lots of traffic too place their return links with other directories that have a less symbiotic relationship with us. I do have a second package of directories with less traffic and quite frankly more rules that I place the secondary directories return links, but I will have to test this like I said. Its only fair to the best traffic sources to place their links together, its the least I can do to insure they get back as much as I possibly can offer them.

But nothing against you man I know how things are, that’s just some of the reservations I had right off the top of my head.

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilihost View Post
    dickcraver is the new version of gayfucksites.com (go there and you will be redirected). The owner posts here and I know him, he is a good guy. I would say to add him to your list of submits.

cheers,
    Luke
    I will do some blind tests and see man, sure if he sends more than 50 people or so to each link I can find some place for his directory. Trust me nothing I like more than to beadle to add a new traffic source to my package.

Richard Craver
    sigh.... i forget that irony doesn't translate well on the written page.

of course i know hunterhunter's is.... sheesh! that's what the was for!

maxpower
    Ya man irony dose not translate well in text, and around here its hard to tell who knows what. I hope I did not make you mad in anyway. I am going to drop it all, as far as I am concerned I have moved on. I do appreciate you adding the random sites, and wish you all the luck in the world. :toff:

Xstr8guy
    Irony =

A wink at the end of a sentence will help to express irony.

Eye+RON+E=IRONY
    Domain inventory sale.

maxpower
    Is it just me or is that Tom Cruise’s Eye? :shock:

desslock
    Tom Cruise

Richard Craver
    oh man, that's one creepy picture of one creepy dude.