Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The overall "image" of an individual in the industry

gaybucks_skyler

The overall "image" of an individual in the industry

OK, so recently Chip, AJ and I have been discussing the industry and how it relates to things like a models hair, make-up and attire.

We have many different types of shoots that involve me; some where I am wearing preppy clothes, some where I am dressed like a surfer, some where I am dressed like your typical queer, etc. And, we have heard from some people that I change too much, but as many of you know I am in the cosmetology industry so in turn my hair color and style changed quite frequently. So we are striving to find some sort of “image” for me that would be suited for my career. And, as many of you know we have launched www.SkylerDevoss.com and we aren’t 100% positive as to the approach to take with me. For those of you who don’t know it is a solo site about me and my life as a college kid trying to survive. I obviously am a twink and my hair stays predominately blonde, but there are all too many variables.

Now I know that how a model looks in a scene is very important, but we are just looking for a few suggestions…. I would like some feed back as to what I should strive for as to be my main outward appearance on my site???

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Skyler

maxpower
    Well first off man, I see they have still not fixed the text on your join page, with the background color I would go with a lighter color maybe white not black. This should help out sales a bit if you ask me.

As far as your “look” well your a cute guy man, but the some of the accessories you are wearing make you come off a bit too flamboyant for my taste. I would try to “straighten up” my look as well as play more hard to get or not 100% so willing to be doing this. As in you being hard up for the money so you have to suck off these guys to keep yourself in school ECT. Your viewers will enjoy it more if they think you enjoy it less (yes I know this may sound fucked up)

But hey I do like more edgy content.

Xstr8guy
    How about using your variety of looks as your "thing"?

I'm not of your generation and I don't pretend to understand your hair, makeup, etc. But younger gay men are very style conscious so why not try to exploit that? Madonna anyone?

Maybe you could hang on to a "look" for a month or two. And then make a big SPLASH with a new look. It could be fun.

friskypickles

Hair Input

Skylar, I've seen your hair in person and on film. My only "advice" for you is to stick with what you have. It's fab. I like it. Infact your hair is trendy and we all know that trends spike interest. Changing it up is always good though. I've had more hair styles and hair color changes than Madonna.

Always remember this: When people aren't looking at your ass or other assets, they are looking at your hair :-)

- Pickles

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Last edited by friskypickles; 11-27-2006 at 01:28 AM. Reason: signature

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar
    Your main look should be Yourself! Who cares if some customers say your look changes too much? You are not going to please all of your surfers or members...that's what's called a conversion rate....and a retention rate....if your conversion and retention numbers on your site are at an acceptable to good or excellent area, leave it alone... don't mess with it if it ain't broke! If your numbers suck, then look at changing things around...

But you are a very cute guy. I think your hair style and clothing style has a minimum effect on your sexiness quotient....I mean let's face it, people are not joining your site because they like your fashion sense....they are joining it to see your cute self naked, hard, getting off, and letting them see you get off.....

so who cares if they don't like your clothes? They are not really joining the site for that now anyway, are they?

Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_skyler View Post
    OK, so recently Chip, AJ and I have been discussing the industry and how it relates to things like a models hair, make-up and attire.

We have many different types of shoots that involve me; some where I am wearing preppy clothes, some where I am dressed like a surfer, some where I am dressed like your typical queer, etc. And, we have heard from some people that I change too much, but as many of you know I am in the cosmetology industry so in turn my hair color and style changed quite frequently. So we are striving to find some sort of “image” for me that would be suited for my career. And, as many of you know we have launched www.SkylerDevoss.com and we aren’t 100% positive as to the approach to take with me. For those of you who don’t know it is a solo site about me and my life as a college kid trying to survive. I obviously am a twink and my hair stays predominately blonde, but there are all too many variables.

Now I know that how a model looks in a scene is very important, but we are just looking for a few suggestions…. I would like some feed back as to what I should strive for as to be my main outward appearance on my site???

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Skyler

friskypickles

Spelling Correction

Before I go any further.... I meant SkylEr not SkylAr. :-)

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    part of being young is "change" so take advantage of it while your young (interpreted: not sure at 42 i could get away with purple/blue/green hair) but with change comes consequence (members who may have joined your site to see a wild & crazy teen are not going to remain members should you decide to remain "clothed" because "you have found god")
    solo sites are a "hard-sell" so your going to have to "change" to keep it "fresh" and "moving" (life is a journey) of course the direction you take it will depend on what you want or what your customers want (interpreted: of course having a creative photographer is key!)

jim

the most popular selling look for me with guys your age is "boy next door". that being said, there are all sorts of looks, but i doubt that most guys into boy next door will find spiky blue hair and eye makeup to their taste. the "normal" factor that is a big part of the draw of boy next door is missing with eye makeup/spiky hair.

after all, the guys joining your site don't know you personally - they are attracted to an image of you, an image your site creates that they (the members) fill in the blanks for to satisfy their personal desires. i used to help run a single girl site and when said single girl changed her hair color and lost 25 pounds, she also lost her fans even though she had the same very unique personality and her site was still about sucking cocks.

Making Pain Pay!
    Do what makes YOU happy and that will come accross on screen. You are a very attractive guy, and I see nothing wrong with changing 'image' for different photosets, videos, etc. In fact, most college guys I know (I am a student getting a Masters Degree, and as part of it I teach several Undergrad classes) change their image every so often...only the boring (think jocks and frat boys) stay the same all year for the most part.

But really, it all comes down to make yourself happy. That energy will translate into sales. (in my opinion.)
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

CorbinFisher.com CorbinFisher_BD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    How about using your variety of looks as your "thing"?

I'm not of your generation and I don't pretend to understand your hair, makeup, etc. But younger gay men are very style conscious so why not try to exploit that? Madonna anyone?

Maybe you could hang on to a "look" for a month or two. And then make a big SPLASH with a new look. It could be fun.
    That's what I was thinking.

If switching up your look all the time is what ya do, then do that and make it part of how you're presented to the viewers!

The only time I'd see hair/makeup etc as being an issue would be in it's possibly being a distraction. It's not even about whether someone is too flamboyant or whatever, but it's about trying to watch a couple guys have sex when some bright and sassy mane of hair keeps gettin' in the way or the glitter keeps blinding the viewer. . Otherwise, switch it up all ya want and perhaps let your viewers feel like they're participating in that process (let them vote on what hairstyles they like the most, discuss and talk about the looks they like, suggest things you try out, etc).

CorbinFisher's Amateur College Men

Gay is the new Black
    If you are going to typecast yourself then I would stick to Glam. I know squat about your market and may sound rude in saying this but…

You look like your average glam twink who works the club for center attention and free drinks. Can’t be bothered and every Paris Hilton song is “your song”

Not that you are but Work it for what it’s worth!
    Be Who You Are!

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by CorbinFisher_BD View Post
    The only time I'd see hair/makeup etc as being an issue would be in it's possibly being a distraction.
    That never hurt SUPERTWINK! LOL.

Well, maybe it did. I wouldn't know... I've never promoted it.

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by CorbinFisher_BD View Post
    (let them vote on what hairstyles they like the most, discuss and talk about the looks they like, suggest things you try out, etc).
    So your advice is to open BarbieBoy.com? :thumbsup:

I've read you initial post then got half way thru Max's, I notice that a couple of my friends have posted in this thread and I'm sure they have said what I'm about to coz I know they are 'good peeps!' .

Be yourself, it does not matter whether your look changes, whether you are angry one day and sweet as pie the next...providing you stay true to yourself you will be fine.

To be honest if you have a blog on your site to chat direct to/with your members then tell them what's happening, let them know that as you are growing you are evolving and let them know that you love the fact they are watching you evolve & always stay true to yourself, it will be good for you and ultimately retention in the long run.

Best Wishes
    Dave
    Domain inventory sale.

d@sexinc
    For variety and to reduce the chance of stagnation, I'd change up your look as mush as possible and as often as possible.
    Your "style" should be your personality.
    You can change up your outward appearance as much as possible and still be the same guy to your members.
    Give them a variety of looks.

Dave