Thread: hosting promotion materials on another domain ?

samebb

hosting promotion materials on another domain ?

I had a theory!

Sponsors these days either host their promotional materials (FHGs ect) on their sponsors domain or sub domain eg. (sponsor.com, or promo.sponsor.com)

-or-
    they host them on the paysite domain eg,
    (fhg.paysite.com or paysites.com/fhg)

Now this is fine, cant see any problem with it, however there is a big thing these days know as SEO.

IF a sponsor was to get a new domain eg, (sponsornamepromo.com)
    and from their build up a big big network on promotion materials, from
    Hosted TGP site
    Hosted Blog
    FHGS
    Hosted LL
    Hosted Free Sites

ect ect, all working with affiliate linking codes and all linking to each other.

In a sense, it would enable an affiliate to chuck traffic into you "network"
    and it doesnt matter where the surfer clicks it would all be possible sales for them, and it would create massive traffic to kick you up SEO rankings.

Not just that but when offering a 60 - 90 day cookie duration there is a very high change that SOMEWHERE along the way a sufer will actually bookmark something and come back.

I would love to know some of your opinions on this.

Xstr8guy
    I don't know much about SEO but I've been told that affiliate linking does not boost SE rankings. If that is infact true, then I don't see an advantage to your proposed scenario.

samebb
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    I don't know much about SEO but I've been told that affiliate linking does not boost SE rankings. If that is infact true, then I don't see an advantage to your proposed scenario.
    Thats very true, but there are many ways to combat that issue. Using cookies this can be solved, but aside from that issue, the links themselves wouldnt be such an issue.

The SEO advantage would be in optimised pages, and the sheer volume of traffic and links to the domain.

for instance if you have 10 sites, affiliates are linking to 10 domains (sometimes),

If you have 10 sites and affiliates are all linking to the same domain, with internal and external links, it would provide a lot of advantages SEO wise.

d@sexinc
    Interesting points. I know that we use seperate domains for our FHG just due to bandwidth and hosting price reasons. We don't have a million domains on which our FHG are hosted either, just one for gay and one for straight.
    Saves us money and makes it simple.

Dave