Thread: The Ultimate In Lazy Affiliate Requests...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

The Ultimate In Lazy Affiliate Requests...

I just had an ICQ from someone telling me that they will sign up to Condom Cash if i offer them, get this, hosted banners and buttons.

Im sorry, i dont mind offering custom promo tools to my existing affiliates on Condom Cash but telling me you arent going to signup and promote the sites if i dont host your banners and buttons for you is in my opinion crossing the line.

At the end of the day, if you cant afford to host your own sponsor buttons and banners, you really shouldnt be in the industry in any way, shape, or form because you are obviously a loser who isnt making any money.

Trust me, i know how much it costs to host 'banners and buttons' and its a couple of dollars a month (if that).

Affiliates really are becoming lazy bastards more and more it would appear.

I cant wait until the circle takes another turn and we drop some of the dead weight in the industry and get back to the late 90's in terms of sales and retention again.

Just had to vent, sorry folks.

Regards,

Lee

Xstr8guy
    Lol. Just tell him to hotlink some other affiliates banners. They won't notice.

Gay is the new Black
    Ask if they have any MP3's you can host for them.
    Be Who You Are!

Making Pain Pay!
    Lee,
    I will Sign Up for Condom Cash and promote it if you will host my paysite. Let me know. Thanks - Michael

:develish:

PS. I would like my wiener dogs washed and taken for a walk every thursday also.
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Lee,

It's possible the affiliate is one of the VERY few who is savvy about 2257A/4472 and wants to stay legal without messing with recordkeeping as a secondary producer (which is required either arguably now or when the regs get issued.)

We discourage our affiliates from using our hosted content as non-hosted even though some do, simply because of 2257A/4472. We make it clear that we do not provide 2257 docs to secondary producers/affiliates, but we do offer a custom gallery maker and we will also host anything the affiliate has made to avoid the 2257 problems. So for us, it's a way of accommodating the new regs, but I agree that it could be simple laziness on the part of the affiliate.

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by TropixxxStudios View Post
    Lee,
    I will Sign Up for Condom Cash and promote it if you will host my paysite. Let me know. Thanks - Michael

:develish:

PS. I would like my wiener dogs washed and taken for a walk every thursday also.
    Don't do it unless Lee lets you use his CCbill processing account too!

Gay is the new Black
    Chip - As pointed out in a thread last week - wouldn't they still need the 2257 info, if one is required on the banner, once it shows up under their domain name?
    Be Who You Are!

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    Lee,

It's possible the affiliate is one of the VERY few who is savvy about 2257A/4472 and wants to stay legal without messing with recordkeeping as a secondary producer (which is required either arguably now or when the regs get issued.)

We discourage our affiliates from using our hosted content as non-hosted even though some do, simply because of 2257A/4472. We make it clear that we do not provide 2257 docs to secondary producers/affiliates, but we do offer a custom gallery maker and we will also host anything the affiliate has made to avoid the 2257 problems. So for us, it's a way of accommodating the new regs, but I agree that it could be simple laziness on the part of the affiliate.
    It was simple laziness, he just didnt want to have to pay for bandwidth from having to host banners and buttons himself LOL

Regards,

Lee

Paco
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Affiliates really are becoming lazy bastards more and more it would appear.

I cant wait until the circle takes another turn and we drop some of the dead weight in the industry and get back to the late 90's in terms of sales and retention again.
    Can I get a hallelujah & an amen!

Yah know, I've been thinking the same thing, for the last two or so years!
    They want to work less and get paid more! Christ, if I wanted children I would have..
    BAH, WhoTF am I trying to kid!
    *snip*

I am more amazed every day at the lazyness of webmasters, they want you to give them everything and when you go out of your way to produce special stuff for them, the result is like 1 sale in 6 months...yet productive webmasters don't ask for any of this stuff, even when you contact them to say "hey you are doing really well, can we help in any way".

Paco
    Yup - I had demands from this wacko bitch that was spewing off @ the gums about how she would take it to the boards if I did not do 'x' for her.

"... over the years I've sent you a ton of traffic, so I expect that you can ..."
    a ton translates to an average of less than 2-uniques (NOT RAWs) per flipping day.
    Yah, th@'s truck loads, dearie - let me backup the teaspoon so to catch the trickle.

As touched on before: we add a dollar value ($/RAW) to each and every one of our webmasters. If they are nothing but an expense to us (constantly cost us), never earning US money, we suspend their account (initial evaluation period is 6-months).
    It's' just like being fired out the door by an ex-employer for being too lazy!

They seem to forget that they initially are an expense to us --- we lose money!

But hey, it's like they say: I wanna be like Playa (mike).

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolKnights View Post
    Chip - As pointed out in a thread last week - wouldn't they still need the 2257 info, if one is required on the banner, once it shows up under their domain name?
    Actually you're quite correct. Hadn't really thought it through that far, but yes, if the URL at the top of the browser belongs to the affiliate, then he would have to have docs. We set up the hosted banner thing before all of the 4472 craziness came about... guess we have to think that through some more. I think a lot of our banners are nonexplicit but guess I need to go check.