Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Everyone's Favorite Christmas Song?

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar

Everyone's Favorite Christmas Song?

I think mine will always be "Oh Holy Night"

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    "Joy to the World" sung by the Mormon Tabernacle choir at high volume will make my nipples hard.

And I ain't Mormon OR even christian.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    blue christmas - pilita corales

jim

Paco
    this is the time when I truly do not listen to the radio (no more news, talk-radio etc), because it is impossible to escape, as well because most, or the "traditional", carry WAY too much of a religious overtone for me to appreciate what-so-ever, never mind enjoy.

However, here are a few, from Dan Philips, which I enjoy terrorizing people with:
    Do You Hear What I Hear
    Jingle Are Jingles
    Sleighride
    White Christmas
    Let It Snow <-- only because of the title is this is my fav.

EonFilms_Ben
    I love me some Trans-Siberian Orchestra.

Who doesn't like the Carol of the Bells they play?

And have y'all seen the video clips where some people put their christmas lights to their music? Awesomeness!

-me

Quote Originally Posted by EonFilms_Ben View Post
    I love me some Trans-Siberian Orchestra.

Who doesn't like the Carol of the Bells they play?

-me
    That's my favorite too!! I got to see them in concert a few years ago, it's quite a show.

EonFilms_Ben
    I really want to go see them in concert. I was gonna do it last year but they sold out too fast and this year the seats are terrible so I don't know if I want to spend the money to see 'em, but who knows.

friskypickles
    I miss all the Rutter Carols! I was always asked to play violin in the Bethany Lutheran Church Christmas Orchestra every year for almost 15 years when I was younger along with my mother, aunt, and other musicians that weren't even members of the church. The Rutter Carols were always fun to play. They were beautiful arrangements of all the classics. So hard to play but fun once you got the hang of it! Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end.

Quote Originally Posted by EonFilms_Ben View Post
    I really want to go see them in concert. I was gonna do it last year but they sold out too fast and this year the seats are terrible so I don't know if I want to spend the money to see 'em, but who knows.
    You seriously want to be center stage and NOT on the floor but slightly up if possible to fully enjoy it.

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by longboardjim View Post
    blue christmas - pilita corales

jim
    I know I saw someone do karaoke to a Pilita Corales tune once! The folks in that club seemed to know it, but I was clueless.

Anyway I think the "Oh Holy Night" version was done best by Robert Guilliame ... yeah that guy who played "Benson"

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I'm a big fan of traditional carols like Silent Night and all that, although I do love the Stevie Nicks version of that song, although she does sort of cheese it up a bit with an added chorous. But my favorite holiday song of all time is The Closing Of The Year from the movie Toys. I have it on my favorite mix CD and it makes me think of Christmastime all year long.

My second favorite is the Cocteau Twins rendition of Frosty The Snowman. And no, I'm not kidding. You can find it on a Starbucks Christmas sampler and on a very rare Cocteau Twins EP called Snow (which is, sadly, out of print). They do an amazing job with it. It goes from being a simple children's song to becoming this beautiful majestic piece of music.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

KissMe
    I clicked on this thread because I am actually listening to Christmas music right now.

Usually, I sit here at the local coffee shop and listen to music from my favorite local radio station via their website. Just the other day I clicked on the "listen now!" link from the site and was hit with holiday music instead of the usual stuff.

To answer the question at hand, my favorite Christmas song is Silver Bells. "It's Christmas time in the city," that's one of my favorite lines form the song. I've never lived in a big city or where it really snows, so I think snow in the city would be beautiful. I'm sure many will disagree!

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by KissMe View Post
    I clicked on this thread because I am actually listening to Christmas music right now.

Usually, I sit here at the local coffee shop and listen to music from my favorite local radio station via their website. Just the other day I clicked on the "listen now!" link from the site and was hit with holiday music instead of the usual stuff.

To answer the question at hand, my favorite Christmas song is Silver Bells. "It's Christmas time in the city," that's one of my favorite lines form the song. I've never lived in a big city or where it really snows, so I think snow in the city would be beautiful. I'm sure many will disagree!

Oh, I love Silver Bells. My friend and I always joke about LA that you know it's Christmastime when the shiny silver film reels are put up all along Hollywood Blvd. We don't get snow here (well, not yet anyway, heh heh) so that's our first indication about the holiday season.

A few months ago I went to see Narnia at the El Capitan theater in Hollywood, which is known for doing big theatrical things to promote their new movies (such as showcasing movie props or having live Disney characters appear on stage). Well, since the big thing about Narnia was the part where the kids walk through the wardrobe and come out in a snowy landscape they actually made it snow in the theater. Part of Disney's new thing is this artificial snow they use at Disneyland as part of the holiday firewords display. So when we came out of the theater they had the snow blowing off the roof down in front of you, so from your viewpoint you couldn't tell where it started and where it stopped, and all of Hollywood Blvd appeared to be in a huge snowstorm. Sure it was an illusion but it was breathtaking. I actually got tears in my eyes because it was so beautiful.

I wish they would do it now with the decorations up.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

Sana Chan
    I like most traditional christmas music, even the religous ones. They remind me of the joys of being with my family as a child. As the only grandchild, they were fun times. So good memories all around.

Ultimate fav: Burl Ives: Silver and Gold from Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer

Bec & EonBen: TSO rocks! I also love their Beethoven's Last Night CD. His 5th symp. was well done. I also like their rendition of The Nutcracker songs.

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SPACE GLIDER View Post
    I know I saw someone do karaoke to a Pilita Corales tune once! The folks in that club seemed to know it, but I was clueless.

Anyway I think the "Oh Holy Night" version was done best by Robert Guilliame ... yeah that guy who played "Benson"
    she has a beautiful voice , i was quite surprised to find out when i had gotten older that she's "filipino" , you wouldn't know it by the voice.

jim