Thread: Any Alexa experts around

boyrev

Any Alexa experts around

Hi,
    Can anyone tell me how often Alexa updates its three month average rating of the website. This week my rankings have been jumping around all over the place.

I would appreciate advise.
    Kuba webmaster

Xstr8guy
    Good question. I'd love to hear from Alexa experts. Yes I know that their stats are virtually usless and unreliable but still everyone looks at them... whether they admit it or not.

JustBryce
    My understanding is that it is a rolling average, but it is erradic for the last few days. I like using alexaholic.com which pulls data from alexa. You can turn on smoothing and see trending a bit easier. Alexaholic is particularly useful if you need to compare against competition. Once you have entered the sites you want to track against each other, you can bookmark that page so that you don't have to enter them each time.

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by JustBryce View Post
    My understanding is that it is a rolling average, but it is erradic for the last few days. I like using alexaholic.com which pulls data from alexa. You can turn on smoothing and see trending a bit easier. Alexaholic is particularly useful if you need to compare against competition. Once you have entered the sites you want to track against each other, you can bookmark that page so that you don't have to enter them each time.
    Alexa has added graph smoothing and they now also let you compare against 3 other urls. Oh, and they also have permalinks for your comparison pages.