Thread: CCBill Program Owners - Best Type Of Stats To Show Affiliates Are?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

CCBill Program Owners - Best Type Of Stats To Show Affiliates Are?

So ive been looking over the new CCBill traffic system they implemented a few weeks ago and was wondering in your opinions, what the best type of traffic stats to report to affiliates are?

Raw? Unique? Form hits?

Also, if 'unique' is the way to go, which of the following options would you suggest i use?

IP Address and Browser Digest
    Cookie
    IP/Browser and Cookie
    IP/Browser or Cookie

I understand that i can 'make' conversions look a whole lot better by only showing form hits or unique hits to affiliates via the CCBill system however, im not so much interested in making their ratio's look good as i am ensuring that they get the best type of traffic report available for the sales they send.

Any suggestions from program owners as to what type of affiliates stats work best?

Also, affiliates, what type of information would you like to see, raw or unique stats?

Regards,

Lee

xenigo
    The only stats I'm ultimately satisfied with are first page uniques. I don't want to see that I had 1000 first page uniques, and 2 join page hits. That tells me there's something really, really wrong with the tour.

Or even worse, finding out that the program is only counting join page uniques. When I know I'm sending thousands of uniques to a program... but it only registers something substantially less.

Not sure if CCBill gives you a tracking code to put in your tour pages, however.

LOL I'd LOVE to just show form hits to everyone.... my form hits are 1:3.7 the more transparent the tour the better that ratio is going to be.

I've always thought about doing a site called 10PinkDollars.com and my form hit to buy ratio would be insane I would assume?

Personally though you're right it has to be Uniques IMHO

& Yes, Half way through writing this, I went and registered the above domain LOL Another one to sit and gather dust until I get to it

Dave
    Domain inventory sale.

desslock
    Here's some meaningful suggestions"

Tell your affiliates which products of yours they are selling. This is one of the most exasperating things about ccBill stats. I might log in and see that I have sold one item of "thing" which pays me $9.97.

And maybe a few days later, there is a statistic telling me I sold another "thing" which earned $12.97.

I have no idea what the actual cost was....well I can figure it out easily enough if your commission is the 50% rate. But if you are making 30% or 60% commission rates, I have to get my calculator out.

Plus, I have no idea what thing is. What are my leads buying? Trials? One month subscriptions? A plastic bag of air? What?

Naked Sword's stats are great - they tell me if someone buys a one time ticket, or a one month membership, a 3 month, a renewal, etc.

Also, don't tell me my lead's IP address. Tell me where my leads live. What would be useful to you.... if I said, "Hey geuss what you sold three different one year memberships to 205.14.38.* Class C domains!" or "Hey guess what three people in the UK clicked through your site and bought my products"

Now if I actually knew that, maybe I would be inclined to change all the references to "trucks" on my pages to "lorrys" and possibly sell even more.

Steve