Thread: More used thumb sizes ?

samebb

More used thumb sizes ?

Does anyone have a list of the most used thumbnail sizes by affiliates ?

I would be really greatful if anyone has any info on this.
    Im looking for the 4 most used sizes.

Thanks

Xstr8guy
    I'm guessing that most affiliates will make their own thumbs. Doesn't everyone have a thumbnail program? I'm always annoyed when I get thumbs when I buy or download sponsor content. To me, it's just useless junk that I need to delete.

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    I'm guessing that most affiliates will make their own thumbs. Doesn't everyone have a thumbnail program? I'm always annoyed when I get thumbs when I buy or download sponsor content. To me, it's just useless junk that I need to delete.
    Well ya it is just junk, but better than some content providers that do not take the time to do anything. I am all for stuff that saves me time, and even more consistent content, but thumbnails are a joke.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    Well the problem is, these days affiliates have become so lazy they want program owners to do everything for them, including creating and hosting thumbs for the galleries they [the affiliate] submit.

In fact, i would go as far as saying that most affiliates in the industry today, that have joined in the last 12-24 months, would even know how to create a thumbnail if their life depended on it.

Hell, lets be honest, most wouldnt even know how to build something as simple as a TGP gallery or free site today.

Regards,

Lee

samebb
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Well the problem is, these days affiliates have become so lazy they want program owners to do everything for them, including creating and hosting thumbs for the galleries they [the affiliate] submit.

In fact, i would go as far as saying that most affiliates in the industry today, that have joined in the last 12-24 months, would even know how to create a thumbnail if their life depended on it.

Hell, lets be honest, most wouldnt even know how to build something as simple as a TGP gallery or free site today.

Regards,

Lee
    Maybe somebody should start an affiliate school.
    (home training course for $2000)
    :thumbsup:

This actually has nothing to do with providing pre-made thumbs for affiliates.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I think I'd go the route of just making several different gallery templates utilizing two or three different sized thumbs and offering a zip file with the template and the thumbs and larger images to match.

That way, if the affiliate needs thumbs, he probably would also love to have a premade template to use.

If he needs only the images, I think XStraightGuy is right, anyone who knows what to do with the thumbs prolly also knows how to make them.