So i was watching this segment on CNN about how around 30% of the African American population makes up the total number of AIDs victims in the United States and that worldwide, the figures for blacks and minorities are well over that figure.

It actually started me thinking about how it was originally presumed to be a 'gay disease' im wondering if this sigma will be attached to African Americans also in the long-term?

I also remember reading somewhere that it was possible that AIDs was actually conceived in order to rid America of African Americans in the late 60's early 70's would certainly be interesting *if* that were true, given that AIDs has killed a lot more white people than it has black over the years.

Its also going to be interesting to see just how much money gets pumped in to research by the government now this disease is starting to effect other cultures in the USA and not just 'the gays'.

What are your thoughts on this, do you think it is concievable that AIDs was a man-made disease? Do you think we're going to see a cure in our lifetime?

Also, there is going to be a 'special report' on CNN tonight i think looking at AIDs in more detail, might be interesting to see where they take the program.

Regards,

Lee