Thread: All GWW Community Spam + Announcements

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

WTF? All GWW Community Spam + Announcements

Last night i made a small change to the GWW Community announcements and spam section.

From this point onwards, at least for the immediate future, any and all announcements or spam posts that you would like to make on the GWW Community must now be made over at Spam Boards.

As you can see by clicking on the existing announcement and spam section of the community, all users wishing to place or read posts in that area of the board are automatically redirected to Spam Boards.

The benefits to you with this change is as follows:

1) A wider industry reach for your announcements.

As Spam Boards is a property we own that caters to the entire spectrum of the adult industry, not just those individuals marketing to the gay consumer, you are going to have your news and announcements seen by many more eyes, in fact, if you take a look at the first page in any of the specific areas on Spam Boards you will notice that the thread view counts over there are considerably higher than they were on the announcements section of the GWW Community.

2) More targetted views of your announcements.

By giving those in the adult industry a specific place to go to read the latest news and announcements from their industry peers, it also means that you, as a poster on Spam Boards will be able to better target the demographic that you are primarily interested in reaching, for example, if you have a site to sell, you can post it in the buy + sell section of Spam Boards, if you have a hosting offer, you can post it in the hosting area of Spam Boards, if you have content deals going on, you can post it on the content section of Spam Boards, this not only means you are targeting the right type of individuals in the industry, but it also means that the people actively looking to buy or promote the product, site or service you offer are going to the specific areas of Spam Boards increasing your chances at closing a sale.

3) A cleaner GWW Community.

In addition, by focusing all of the attention of news and announcements at their own unique destination, it means that the GWW Community overall will be a much cleaner and more business orientated place for all of us.

In essence, news and announcements posted anywhere on the GWW Community will now be instantly deleted, without exception, no special rules, no favoritism, no exception, this levels the playing field for all of our community members and allows those companies who are actively supporting your community to get their information to you quicker, with more ease, and without having to worry that someone will 'jack' their thread.

Please take a few minutes to aquaint yourselves with Spam Boards and feel free to post any and all news and announcements you may have over there 24/7/365 without having to worry about whether your post will get pulled.

Regards,

Lee

Dzinerbear
    I'm sorry, but this is bar none one of the worst things you have ever done with this board, Lee. First, you made a bunch of rules preventing us from posting stuff in the main forum and made us post them in content specific forums, which received less traffic. And now, you want us to go and post it on a whole other board.

What a big pile of steaming poo!

You've just made GWW a whole lot more complicated and a whole lot less appealing to visit. And please don't try and snow us with "more targetted views," that's a load, too. I never visited the Spam Forum to begin with, so I'm certainly even less likely to go to a whole other board.

I liked GWW because it was a one-stop sort of affair. Now, it's not. And if the information I need to have is more difficult to find, then I might well start looking for someplace else to get it.

Like they say, "Don't mess with a good thing."

Michael

In essence, news and announcements posted anywhere on the GWW Community will now be instantly deleted, without exception, no special rules, no favoritism, no exception, this levels the playing field for all of our community members and allows those companies who are actively supporting your community to get their information to you quicker, with more ease, and without having to worry that someone will 'jack' their thread.
    I don't get this at all Lee. If the men and women who make up this community can't talk about their business unless they're a paid sponsor, how is that "leveling the playing field"? WE are the ones actively supporting this community just as much, if not more so, as the guy that forks over $$ for a banner every month.

In addition, by focusing all of the attention of news and announcements at their own unique destination, it means that the GWW Community overall will be a much cleaner and more business orientated place for all of us.
    While I can appreciate that you want to get a new board going, I don't think it's right to expect we all want to register there or use it on a daily basis to find out what's happening with GWW members and their programs. I hit 2 boards daily - maybe. Now you want me to find time to go to yet another one for information that should be HERE.

I can certainly respect that the drive-by-1 post-wonder needs his ass redirected to a spam section, but I don't feel that should apply to the regular contributors of this board. Those of us that are here daily expect and want to know what others are doing. Our sites ARE our business.

And with the spam section essentially eliminated, we can't even SEE if someone here has made an announcement.

Just my 2cents

Quote Originally Posted by Dzinerbear View Post
    I never visited the Spam Forum to begin with
    If you have never visited the spam section anyway, i dont see what the big deal is :eek:

Bottom line here, since the last few changes have been made, cutting down the announcements in the general forum and posting threads in the relevant section of the GWW Community, overall usage of GWW has gone up.

Im hoping that by cutting the spam completely, for the immediate future, that is going to increase board usage even more.

At the end of the day isnt that what everyone wants? To be able to find the help they want, when they want it, easily?

Regards,

Lee

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    Lee,

if regular posters of this forum write a post about a new site of them is this consideres SPAM in your eyes - SPAM as in the SPAM you get via eMail - unsolicited mailings of no interest by drive by mailers raping your eMail-account?

:develish:
    :-D

Dzinerbear
    Maybe you need to clarify what is happening because people are confused. AIM is already a buzz.

Does this new policy mean if Corbin Fisher wants to say "Hi we're raising payouts to 75% next month" that they can or that post will be moved to the spam forum?

Michael

Xstr8guy
    NO EXCEPTIONS!

except...

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    ... this levels the playing field for all of our community members and allows those companies who are actively supporting your community...

Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post
    I don't get this at all Lee. If the men and women who make up this community can't talk about their business unless they're a paid sponsor, how is that "leveling the playing field"? WE are the ones actively supporting this community just as much, if not more so, as the guy that forks over $$ for a banner every month.
    Bec,

Sorry but you are the one who implied you had to be a paid sponsor to post your news, not me. I said those people who are 'actively supporting' i didnt say ONLY paid sponsors and i never have.

While I can appreciate that you want to get a new board going, I don't think it's right to expect we all want to register there or use it on a daily basis to find out what's happening with GWW members and their programs.
    Clicking on the existing 'announcements and spam' forum link took you to a page listing all of the threads in that section of the GWW Community, clicking the link right now, takes you to a much more defined listings of those exact same announcements and spams.

I can certainly respect that the drive-by-1 post-wonder needs his ass redirected to a spam section, but I don't feel that should apply to the regular contributors of this board.
    So i should discriminate based on how many posts a GWW Community member has?

Those of us that are here daily expect and want to know what others are doing. Our sites ARE our business.
    You still can know what others are doing, i havent taken that ability away from you in any way, shape, or form.

And with the spam section essentially eliminated, we can't even SEE if someone here has made an announcement.
    There in lays the problem, we have Michael one post above yours telling us all he has never even visited that section of the community, then we have you implying that you visit it on a regular basis.

My choice was this Bec, remove the announcements section completely from GWW or; move it across to SpamBoards and leave the current link to the announcements and spam section where it is.

Again, no matter what i would have chosen to do, id still be made out to be the 'bad guy' because there is no way i can please everyone all of the time.

All i can say is that the other changes over the past few months have been good for the community and its members overall, at this moment in time, some 2 hours since the change was made, im hoping this change will also be good for the community and its members.

Regards,

Lee

allows those companies who are actively supporting your community to get their information to you quicker
    I read this to mean paying sponsors. If that wasn't the intent, my appologies.

And yes ... while not daily, I did read the spam area.

Xstr8guy
    Sorry but you are the one who implied you had to be a paid sponsor to post your news, not me. I said those people who are 'actively supporting' i didnt say ONLY paid sponsors and i never have.
    And this means what? Business as usual for "active supporters"?

Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post
    I read this to mean paying sponsors. If that wasn't the intent, my appologies.
    No need to apologize Bec

I just wish people would say 'can you clarify this' before launching a tirade and getting all of their assumptions incorrect. (im not aiming this at anyone in particluar by the way, just throwing it there as a 'general' comment.)

Regards,

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    And this means what? Business as usual for "active supporters"?
    No, it means business better than usual

Regards,

Lee

Dzinerbear
    I just wish people would say 'can you clarify this' before launching a tirade and getting all of their assumptions incorrect. (im not aiming this at anyone in particluar by the way, just throwing it there as a 'general' comment.)
    Considering the amount of confusion, not just in my mind, but a number of people's, I'd say the policy needs to be more clear because right now, I have no idea what I'm allowed to post on the board and what I'm not.

Michael

I will take the time to explain why I read it that way. You've stated in the past that only paid sponsors could do announcements in the main forum. Everyone else (including regular posters) should use the announcement forum. It's now gone. So my mind says ... "I can't announce a new program or site since I'm not a paying sponsor unless I want to go to another board, as only paid sponsors are allowed to do that in the main forum."

So, you're saying regulars can now make announcements in the main forum?

Xstr8guy
    No, it means business better than usual

Regards,

Lee
    Don't make this so difficult.