Thread: Iraqi Study Group... LOL

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Iraqi Study Group... LOL

So some of the study group is now sat in front of an armed services commitee in Washington and ive been listening to some of the stuff they have been saying on and off all morning but caught this one question about why we should approach countries like Iran to assist with the development/stabilization of Iraq.

The guy answering basically said, 'because if they dont, we can put public scruitiny on them for being against democracy.'

Well duh.. The world already knows that, how is that going to get them to agree to help stabilize Iraq? :eek:

I really do think a lot of these people making the decisions about what course of action we should be taking in Iraq are about as intelligent as Bush.

It really does make you realize why we have so many problems in the world.

Regards,

Lee

Xstr8guy
    Why is it OUR job to determine which country has democracy? I never could understand that. These nations have their own histories and cultures... why is it for the U.S. to determine how the people are ruled? If the citizens of country X are disatisfied, isn't it their duty to change things?

Sure, it is our duty as members of the U.N. to supply aid to the victims of tyrants and warlords. But democracy must be desired by the people for it to be effective. Many societies just don't grasp the concept and therefore don't appreciate it's postives.

Making Pain Pay!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    Why is it OUR job to determine which country has democracy? I never could understand that.
    It is our job because they have oil. Please note that countries that do not have oil (Like Cuba) are allowed to have all the dictators that they want.

Maybe that is a little cynical, but hey...sometimes the truth hurts.
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

I'd rather be on my boat sperbonzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    Why is it OUR job to determine which country has democracy? I never could understand that. These nations have their own histories and cultures... why is it for the U.S. to determine how the people are ruled? If the citizens of country X are disatisfied, isn't it their duty to change things?

Sure, it is our duty as members of the U.N. to supply aid to the victims of tyrants and warlords. But democracy must be desired by the people for it to be effective. Many societies just don't grasp the concept and therefore don't appreciate it's postives.
    Unfortunately, with the state of modern technology, the planet is now too small to just leave dictatorships to their own devices. The only countries that have long term peace between them are countries that have a democratically elected governments, and are doing business/trading with each other. Other sets of circumstances between countries seem to lead inevitably to conflict.

The reason that we leave Cuba alone, or poor countries in Africa, is that they don't have the resources to buy/build high tech weapons and deploy them around the world. So we leave them alone since they aren't a potential threat.

Oil has given middle eastern countries the means to buy weapons and use them so we have to address them.
    Michael Sperber
    Astral Group Inc
    Complete e-commerce solutions
    info@astralgrouponline.com
    ICQ 177961090
    Phone +1 954 650 5789
    www.astralgrouponline.com

samebb
    Quote Originally Posted by sperbonzo View Post
    Unfortunately, with the state of modern technology, the planet is now too small to just leave dictatorships to their own devices. The only countries that have long term peace between them are countries that have a democratically elected governments, and are doing business/trading with each other. Other sets of circumstances between countries seem to lead inevitably to conflict.

The reason that we leave Cuba alone, or poor countries in Africa, is that they don't have the resources to buy/build high tech weapons and deploy them around the world. So we leave them alone since they aren't a potential threat.

Oil has given middle eastern countries the means to buy weapons and use them so we have to address them.
    No offence here, you are entitled to your own views and opinions just as anyone else, but is it not that all these problems are being caused by people with the same mindset as you?

This all comes down to the simple fact of. If America are allowed "weapons of mass destruction" why is another country not allowed?

It makes me sick how the white house truely believe they own the world, when they dont.

Yes agreed, maybe some countries should be watched closely, but starting a war because they wouldnt "bow down" to americas demands is sickening.

I hope, for the sake of millions of lives, that things change when Bush is booted out the white house. It scares me to think what may happen to the world if this shit carries on.

Again im not trying to insult you, i respect your opinion, however my opinion is that the biggest "warlord" since Hitler is most definatly George W Bush.

Just my 2cents

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by sperbonzo View Post

Did you miss the memo? Iraq did not have any WMD.