Thread: How fast is your internet?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar

How fast is your internet?

Here with Comcast the fastest we can get is 8mbps download and like 768 upload. I wish there was something faster. I heard Verizon was testing cable in Arizona that could reach speeds of 20mbps. Damn that would be nice. I guess I can't complain too much since I started on a 2400 modem . I couldn't imagine doing anything on a modem now.

Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

CorbinFisher.com CorbinFisher_BD's Avatar
    Brighthouse here advertises 15mbps, which is what I have at home (recently upgraded. They also have an option to upgrade to 10mbps. And I think that standard speed without the upgrade option is 5 or 7). They're cable.

CorbinFisher's Amateur College Men

robin
    I'm on cable and I think I'm using their fastest line; although they've introduced several packages since I originally signed up so I might be on their medium fast line now.

I built my first commercial website on a 14.4k dialup :bomb:

Meant to be Obscene, not Heard. HotMaleVideos's Avatar
    The local cable co. has a scale of speeds/prices at 1, 5, 7, and 10 mbps, plus some expensive commercial options. The upload speed is capped at around 350K.

I'm on the 7M plan, but hardly ever really get anything near that. Usually closer to 2.5 mbps.

Corey Bryant
    I think ours is also 8mbps download and 768 upload as well.

2400 modem? Now that was fast! I remember connecting to a board using 300 baud

...since my first hard-on. A_DeAngelo's Avatar
    these days, very very slow !

CorbinFisher.com CorbinFisher_BD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I'm on cable and I think I'm using their fastest line; although they've introduced several packages since I originally signed up so I might be on their medium fast line now.

I built my first commercial website on a 14.4k dialup :bomb:
    hehe I remember when I went out and bought my first 28.8... I was so excited! Couldn't wait to get it home, install it, and blaze through the internet at lightning speed... waited for another 2 years or so. :shock:

CorbinFisher's Amateur College Men

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    My first modem was a 14.4 - then a 28.8 and an 56 afterwards

Now surfing at 6Mbit downstream and a few KByte upstream.

DEVELISH
    :-D

I have a 2mbps download and 1 mbps upload here and my download reach barely a 512k with one connection, i need to use some kind of download manager (flashget) to split my file in 10 to be able to get my full speed..

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work. procam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IntenseCash.com View Post
    Here with Comcast the fastest we can get is 8mbps download and like 768 upload. I wish there was something faster. I heard Verizon was testing cable in Arizona that could reach speeds of 20mbps. Damn that would be nice. I guess I can't complain too much since I started on a 2400 modem . I couldn't imagine doing anything on a modem now.

Mark
    Im in Arizona 12 MBPS down on COX 2 up ~ :high:

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work. procam's Avatar
    And a word of WISDOM here ~~
    Cox did not bother to send out notices to its customers as I am certain comcast doesnt either -
    When they updated their systems the cable modem I had while only 2 years old basically became obsolete - My speeds were down below 512 and I kept calling screaming daily ~ until finally I got someone on the phone who knew wtf he was doing and he asked me for the modem model # I gave it to him and he said theres your problem you need a new modem I went right down and bought one had them provision it and right away up to 12 mbps downloads amazing a dated modem did that but not surprising to me:nobody: