Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stolen Content Being Sold On Ebay

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise.

Stolen Content Being Sold On Ebay

Do any of you have any experience trying to get Ebay to remove stolen content? There are several guys that have stolen our content (as well as content from other muscle sites) are burning it on DVDs and selling them (dirt cheap of course) I have sent several emails to Ebay but gotten nowhere.

What's next?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Send Ebay a DMCA notice, sending an email does pretty much nothing (as you have found out) but a simple DMCA notice will almost certainly do the trick

On the plus side, once you have sent the DMCA if EBay still does nothing, you then have legal recourse against them too, which is going to be a lot more lucrative than going after the original content theif.

Regards,

Lee

lee, thanks! Now this newbie has another question: What is DMCA?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Manifest_M View Post
    lee, thanks! Now this newbie has another question: What is DMCA?
    Digital Millenium Copyright Act.

Im sure someone else can explain it in better detail than i can possibly could or, you could head on across to Google and find more information along with a couple of sample DMCA notices

Regards,

Lee

Okay with a tiny bit of research I found out what that means...I should have the attny do that?

Okay with a tiny bit of research I found out what that means...I should have the attny do that?
    You can, or you can do it yourself as the copyright holder, either way EBay should honor it.

You might want to shoot a PM over to ChadKnowsLaw via GWW and see if there is anything he can do to assist you

Regards,

Lee

Lee...thanks very much.

BTW....I wanted to contact two of my competitors to alert them, but there is no customer service email addy in the preview area. Their loss

It was one of our members that discovered this.

BTW....I wanted to contact two of my competitors to alert them, but there is no customer service email addy in the preview area.
    Post their site or company names in thi thread, perhaps on of our other GWW Community members will know how to get in touch with them to alert them of the problem

Regards,

Lee

MuscleHunks.Com
    MuscleWorship.TV

and others but I dont recognize the work or models.

marcjacob
    Bloody theives. I really hope you get this resolved. Good on your members for alerting you to it.

MuscleWorship.TV
    I *think* thats the same people that own musclegods, if it is, you can contact them using webmaster@ musclegods.com

Regards,

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I *think* thats the same people that own musclegods, if it is, you can contact them using webmaster@ musclegods.com

Regards,

Lee
    Yep it is, here is their contact page

http://www.musclegods.tv/contact.html

Regards,

Lee

i left a message with shaun to let her know about the musclehunks content, thanks.

btw, i did get stuff taken off ebay once. it was VERY hard to find the right person to talk to on the phone - i got to them by contacting them through their privacy policy contact info.

the queerest straight girl in the world...
    Thanks all - as to Ebay, Manifest, you can join their VERO program - and anytime you see your content on ebay, the take down is an automatic click.... thanks for the heads up - we had about 300 movies taken down just last week! I wish Ebay would just ban this guy!!!!!!

As to our customer service number - its on the site under contact... but you can always reach me here too!

As to musclegods.... reaching them is almost impossible, but I will send them a message.

Best,

Shaun