Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Easily We Forget As An Industry..

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

How Easily We Forget As An Industry..

I really cant beleive how easy it is for some of the programs who are actively scamming affiliate traffic, or shaving sales to make affiliates forget that is what is going on.

It would seem all it takes these days is a 'contest' or 'giveaway' on a couple of boards and everyone goes around saying how the program is 'top notch' and ran by 'stand up guys'.

When did we become so fickle as an industry?

5 years ago this type of thing would never have been tolerated, the program would have been blacklisted and their traffic would have dropped overnight.

I just dont understand what is happening to affiliates, has it really become so hard for them to make money that they will stand for cheating on the programs side of things so long as they get given freebies once it gets found out? :eek:

Regards,

Lee

samebb
    names names names.... :broccoli:

marcjacob
    I hear you. Looks at GGW. Simple contest thread and their previous failings where forgiven, im fact people said they were a better bet than before!

I find this crazy. I guess people get what they deserve if they use scammers and cheats.

Quote Originally Posted by marcjacob View Post
    I hear you. Looks at GGW. Simple contest thread and their previous failings where forgiven, im fact people said they were a better bet than before.
    Indeed.

I just dont understand that mentality, especially when it comes to GGW, there was the potential because of their records keeping (or lack of records keeping) to have sent thousands of webmasters to jail, yet people are STILL promoting them because of a single contest LOL

Regards,

Lee

marcjacob
    Contests dont work for me. I think they work on a certain board because its full of newbie webmasters desperate to kiss as much as they can in the hope of a few bread crumbs being dropped from the "big boys" table.

Anyone with half a brain would steer clear of companies they know cheat, steal or got caught with explicit photos of children of their websites.

samebb
    Whats with the code talk in this thread. Im worrying i promote one of these companies and dont know about it!

Can somebody at leaste PM me ? :crazyeyes:

Quote Originally Posted by samebb View Post
    names names names.... :broccoli:
    I agree

Just say it Lee

You know as well as a lot of us that keeping track of the thieves is hard to do , especially for those of us who are very busy
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    Just say it Lee
    Just say what?

Im talking in general, not specific incidents although the GGW case is one of the most recent ones.

They pull a lot of DVD content that was licensed to affiliates, only for the affiliates that were using it to find out it was full of underage girls.

Girls Gone Wild then posted a 'contest' and everything was forgotten about.

Regards,

Lee

marcjacob
    Im talking about GGW. It was more than forgotten about, people actually said they were more likely to be compliant now its been prooved they never were before! I mean seriously, would you take a risk like that?

Paco
    What? Girls Gone Wild contained CP .. get the f__k out of here!
    Now whose smoking *cough* crack?

A lot of webmasters don't care as long as they have a free towel giveaway, or some other kind of genius contest.

I love contests - they tell me when it's time to stop sending traffic!

samebb
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    I love contests - they tell me when it's time to stop sending traffic!

Thats not always true dude. Look at IntenseCash. Mark did that contest for $2k which JUB won. I dont think that was a reason to stop sending traffic to intense cash was it ?

Paco
    Thats not always true dude. Look at IntenseCash. Mark did that contest for $2k which JUB won. I dont think that was a reason to stop sending traffic to intense cash was it ?
    I was speaking in general.
    I do not think ALL promotions suck, just a majority of them, so to be fair I say they do. If for no other reasons, how about for the fact that they typically offer me things that I am not interested in what so ever!!
    - Give me a ski holiday to yurp (somewhere other than the US).
    - Load up a GF card or an American Express and give me that.
    - If giving away content how about making sure I can collect my entire prize from the niche that I promote (only big dick - not, oh we have some).

Just stop offering things that somebody whom is NOT in the US cannot actually use or have. Shipping a big screen TV from the US to Canada is fairly stupid especially when I have to pay shipping & duty - yah, great "gift".
    Moreover, forget about iPods, Hummer, computers, DVD players etc.

How about the geniuses that were giving away a dining experiences to fine restaurant ... IN ARIZONA. I mean WTF, are you on? How about sending me that which they are smoking!

A certain program, which we used to send 55K-60K/period, jumped on the contest bandwagon. At first, I left things as is for a while until sales started screaming otherwise. They (give-aways) became routine as did the drop in sales/earnings. YANK! I got sick and tired of this occurring with many of the programs that had "special promotions".
    Now, they are lucky if they see 5K!

Here's a "special promotion": offer the potential member 3-months for the price of two-months and pay me for three!
    I win.
    They win.
    You win.
    ^ A true win-win-win situation that makes sense!

As far as I am concerned, sponsors that feel the need to always have special promotions should think about reward programs. Something similar to what PlatinumBucks already offers. Instead of rewarding just one account, how about showing appreciation to all webmasters, especially for those that say they do (appreciate all their webmasters/accounts).

That is a truly fair promotion, as far as I am concerned. of course, those that send next to nothing will not like it because they'll have to work harder to get better rewards.

You are correct - IC did have good promo, however, I was not sending to IC - they unfortunately do not offer BD specific/themed sites.

samebb
    Good post Paco. And yes, i do agree a lot of US based companies feel it only needed to reward US webmasters. That or they dont realise the industry is worldwide.

Paco
    Good post Paco. And yes, i do agree a lot of US based companies feel it only needed to reward US webmasters. That or they dont realise the industry is worldwide.
    *wiping brow*
    phew - I was honestly worried that in my above rant I may have become a little too passionate.
    I am always glad when I do not offend others (unintentionally).

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    This has been a really useful thread for me. AJ and I have been talking about doing some things to reward top affiliates and create incentives for current or new affiliates. I really like Paco's idea and woudl be very open for any other ideas people have.