Thread: Could this ever be an option...

Gay is the new Black

Could this ever be an option...

A designer who has an understanding of the market and their partners (affiliates at the basic level) with a site,blog,tgp, whatever.

Could the designer build landing pages they feel would assist their traffic and send it to the partner to host as the gallery, tour, whatnot?

Would this be a lazy affiliate looking for a bandwidth handout of hosting the gallery, tour, whatnot or a creative and hands on affiliate looking to push the site.

I'm looking at the main issues of Lazy vs. FTE (full time employee) vs. pure handouts.

Sure, no one has the time to build pages for sites they promote... they are already building their own pages for their own site. But... If they could build an extension to the template that would also be on the partners site, would this work?
    Be Who You Are!

Not sure I'm following along here ... are you asking about programs that have a BYOT (build your own tour) option? ARS was one of the big boys doing that several years ago, and have a scaled down version of it now. I've seen it available at a couple other places as well (pimproll maybe?). Basically as an affiliate, I build a tour, you host it and setup the link code for it, I get some $$ (5 bucks maybe) if another affiliate sends a sale using my tour.

Another version is I build a tour, I host it, and then just use an affiliate link that goes directly to the join page on your site.

samebb
    As Lee has said soooo many times recently, "affilaites are SO lazy"

I cant see things such as "BYOT" really be worth the time, money and effort for sponsors.

Providing a gallery building option though i see as very useful to a lot of affiliates.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post
    Not sure I'm following along here ... are you asking about programs that have a BYOT (build your own tour) option? ARS was one of the big boys doing that several years ago, and have a scaled down version of it now. I've seen it available at a couple other places as well (pimproll maybe?). Basically as an affiliate, I build a tour, you host it and setup the link code for it, I get some $$ (5 bucks maybe) if another affiliate sends a sale using my tour.

Another version is I build a tour, I host it, and then just use an affiliate link that goes directly to the join page on your site.
    Thats what it sounds like to me also, BYOT.

ARS does really well with their BYOT program and i have had discussions with a few individuals about doing something similar on Condom Cash also.

I even owned BYOTDesigns.com until a year or so back

Regards,

Lee

samebb
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Thats what it sounds like to me also, BYOT.

ARS does really well with their BYOT program and i have had discussions with a few individuals about doing something similar on Condom Cash also.

I even owned BYOTDesigns.com until a year or so back

Regards,

Lee
    It really works ? Wow.... Althought ARS are so big i guess most things would work for them.

Gay is the new Black
    Oh Yes... a BYOT!

That's what I mean. I like the idea of it in that I can use what I know works on my site with my traffic to build your tour leading to better sales from my traffic.

Thank you Bec.

I also like the idea of lending the tour to other webmasters as a selling tool with additional spif.
    Be Who You Are!

Well it's a way to get some decent designs created for no cost to you initially, the designer sees the $ as the tour converts. You just need to provide the content that can be used to create a tour with and have a way for designers to upload their designs, etc. Might signup for ARS and poke around to see how they handle the submissions, payouts etc.