Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do You Know Any Straight Webmasters Who Work The Gay Market?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Do You Know Any Straight Webmasters Who Work The Gay Market?

If so, have you invited them across to our community?

It seems that many people are often afraid or scared to post on a resource that is primarily aimed towards the gay adult industry through fear(?) of being branded gay themselves and whist we all know this is ridiculous i think getting a few more straight webmasters to our part of the web would not only benefit them but also the industry as a whole.

Afterall, with so much information being shared about the gay market on GWW it is only right that we share that same knowledge with straight webmasters looking to break into or, do better with their gay marketing, dont you think?

Regards,

Lee

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    You know, it's not just a community thing, either.

One of the reason I started GWW was to help everyone including straight webmasters. As we all can see we have a great group of non gay males here who are quite successful at what they do.

Another reason I started this resource was to make sure if someone IS going to do this, regardless of sexual orientation, then they should have a clue and do it right. If not, they could make it bad for all of us.

Now, there are some who are just not cut out to handle our market. But I'll be damned if I'm going to let them hang out of piece of crap and call it gay. At least they can come, read and ask questions before they decide it is or is not for them.

My best,
    Gary-Alan

Ounique
    Hmmm, sounds like a great idea, Lee. Of course, anytime someone comes to me with questions about the adult industry I send them this way. If someone is buying male content, I never think to ask them if they are gay or straight, because I know gay webmasters who build straight sites and straight people who build gay ones, and if you are asking about an issue with a gay site or anything to do with the gay adult industry, this is the place to go.

MacDaddy
    I am a straight guy in the gay market. Although my father is gay so I always think that gives me an in.

I like this board and the poeple here and I hope to post here a lot in the future.

Sorry, I'm going back to drinking now....

Scorpio
    I totally agree with that. I sure will try to help any webmasters who needs help with the gay design area.

I guess it's time for me to look up in my icq list huh?

I know I've offered up this board as a resource on other boards where a straight webmaster has asked about producing gay sites ... and I've also highly recommended some newbies get their butts over here and go through the tutorials that are offered here... regardless of the market they do, the tutorials "fit" what a newbie needs to know!

And yes, I've had to clarify each time that this board is for any webmaster, regardless of sexual orientation, who wants to learn about gay marketing.

In actuality - you probably have a lot more lurkers than you may realize, Lee.

She's a lesbian, that's what I'm here to talk about!
    It's not about straight versus gay.
    It's all about the money dammit!
    I think this is a wonderful forum and a talented, exceptional group of people who know a great deal about the adult industry-not just the gay side of the adult industry.

I am happy to send any WM to this forum for advice, business or great friendships.

BTW: That MacDaddy is just toooo cute. Could even make this little lezzie turn her head!
    Topbuxom lee
    Director of Marketing
    Topbucks/Pluginfeeds

janell
    I do whatever it takes. I presonally dont care whether people are gay or straight. Good converting traffic is important to me. I adore people.

RainGurl
    GWW is a great place for webmasters of all sexual preferences to gather great info about the gay market. It's a welcoming community, not cluttered with useless posts, and some very wise and experienced webmasters. The information I have gained here goes beyond just gay marketing.
    Some boards can be very clique-ish. The gay adult market has a reputaion for being that way in general, but I think GWW is a definite exception. Everyone is welcomed here. Lately, I've seen many "straight" webmasters and professionals dropping by and posting. there's value here, and that's what it's all about.

Kath
    I think it's awesome that GWW welcomes in straight webmasters who are looking to build a quality site that *won't* offend their target audience. Truly... we have NO clue. I have been very fortunate over the years to surround myself with patient educators and friends in the biz that took the time to teach me how to do things the right way, and understood if I took a wrong - but well-meaning - turn and helped me to get back on track.

I recommend GWW to every webmaster that I meet. Not only is there honest, frank discussion about the ever-growing gay market, but there are solid business tips available that can be used throughout the industry.

I agree - let's fire up our ICQ lists and get some more peeps posting!

:bulb:

Ounique
    Originally posted by Topbuckslee
    BTW: That MacDaddy is just toooo cute. Could even make this little lezzie turn her head!
    I second that, Topbuckslee, he'd make me turn. Oh wait, I'm already gay! Whew! LOL!!!

TaylorM
    Ok, I am here because Juan invited me!!! I am proud to be another TopBucks employee posting on a fabulous board!

Taylor

Poppy
    Being from a hosting company, it would be silly to discriminate who I do business with based on their sexual preference.

I myself am a straight guy.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Originally posted by Poppy
    Being from a hosting company, it would be silly to discriminate who I do business with based on their sexual preference.

I myself am a straight guy.
    We wouldnt want you any other way Poppy - your just to cute

Regards,

Lee

TBQuentin
    I'm consistently amazed by the segment of my straight webmaster peers (hopefully a pretty small segment) who resist working within the gay market at all, because they are personally opposed to the content on "moral grounds" (whatever that means). My attitude is if people can't get over this hangup for reasons of their own personal growth - which they really *should* - then they should get over it for the purpose of making money.

Heheh - any irony at all in the fact that this is my first post on this board....?

- Q.