Thread: Fucking Sorenson Squeeze...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Fucking Sorenson Squeeze...

So last night before i went to bed i setup a batch job in Sorenson to encode 30 DVD scenes, i just went to check how many were left to go and the program crapped out half way through the 1st job

So much for getting a head start on uploading some of this new DVD content to the members area.

Sometimes i swear the world is conspiring against me LOL

Regards,

Lee

samebb
    You know, i have never had problems with Sorenson Squeeze. I really like it and find it to be a great piece of software. I would be really interested to know what caused it to crash on you, and ideas Lee ?

Perhaps Basschick can help, i seem to remember she was the person that pointed me to Sorenson in the first place.

My first guess would be RAM

I had similar proabs at one point Lee, everyone said it would be teh program, they were right I was expecting too much from the RAM I had. I Doubled that and haven't had an issue since.
    Domain inventory sale.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Depending on the version, there are three issues I know of

1. It can sometimes crash if it attempts to create a filename (for the compressed file) that already exists

2. I've had occasional problems with both 4.1 and 4.2 crashing for no apparent reason when I load the files to be squeezed in one by one, but I don't have the problem if I put all the files to be squeezed in one folder and use the "watch folder" function

3. Version 4.2 appears to be randomly unstable (crashes) on Athlon 64 machines, but 4.1 runs fine. 4.2 runs great on Intel machines, 4.1 runs fine on both Intel and AMD.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmpitLover View Post
    My first guess would be RAM

I had similar proabs at one point Lee, everyone said it would be teh program, they were right I was expecting too much from the RAM I had. I Doubled that and haven't had an issue since.
    I type too fast:

Should have said.... "wouldn't be the program"

and damn with all my typos....insert more Starbucks.....
    Domain inventory sale.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Thanks guys, i actually figured out what the problem was when the alarm clock went off a few minutes ago....

Seems we had a power outage early this morning LOL

Regards,

Lee

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Ah, the simplest solutions are always the best

Corey Bryant
    At first, when I saw this I thought you were actually talking about one of my ex-clients (we sold the hosting business to another company and she went along with it).

She was as loony as a bird and every time I hung up the phone, I had those same thoughts Lee as you had about that program