Thread: Marketing Tidbits

Marketing Tidbits

While running around to different boards, or just from personal trial and error, do you have a marketing tidbit to share? I know most of us make some effort to figure out how to stay up there in the g00gle ranking game, anything you've learned that is solid advice and not just a temporary attempt at tricking the search engines?

Something I read the other day and still letting it run through my head a bit first before trying it on a site was setting up a link url that you can redirect using an external file or htaccess redirect. The idea was to have some generic sounding text links hooked up to the "fake" url on the actual web page, then have it controlled thru the htaccess so that you could quickly redirect that link to any sponsor you wanted. Great way to make a fast change on those days you want to take advantage of a high payout day from some sponsor without trying to develop a whole selling program based on just that site for one day of bigger payoffs.

So my link might be "Really HOT Naked Guys" linked with mydomaincom/reallyhotnakedguys.html and setup that link in htaccess to redirect to whatever sponsor id coded link I choose.

Kinda thot that was a smart idea as it isn't a "skim" - just a quick way to redirect that link and take advantage of bonus days.

Great idea

Also along the same lines... anytime you are adding a banner of a certain site...say gaywidewebmasters.com use the full path of the banner to your server.

Then if you ever wanted to change banners simply upload the new banner and call it the same name. It may seem obvious but its a great way to change all the banners on all your AVS sites or blogs in one hit.

Dave
    Domain inventory sale.

That's not a bad idea either, but aren't you also having to do a global find and replace for the link on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post
    That's not a bad idea either, but aren't you also having to do a global find and replace for the link on it?

No because rather than yours...changing the direction of the link...this merely updates that banner to 'their' latest ...kepping the URL the same.
    Domain inventory sale.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmpitLover View Post
    No because rather than yours...changing the direction of the link...this merely updates that banner to 'their' latest ...kepping the URL the same.
    Ah ok, now I understand what you're doing. That's why I'm loving those dynamic banners where I just plug in some code and they update the little bugger for me!! :santa:

Wow, lotta reads and only 2 tips?!? c'mon fellas, I know there are some tricks y'all can share that don't give away the whole game here!

samebb
    Here is a tip from meeeee.

Whatever your site is, LL, directory site, TGP, blog, doesnt matter, but NEVER use pre-written text from sponsors!

We write everything down to gallery descriptions and even long paragraphs. Dont even reword them, just rewrite them compleatly.

You ask why? It will boost your SEO ranking like you wouldnt believe having "unique" content on your pages.

Good tip, Sam. Can't say that I always do a full rewrite, but I do agree that you should definately change the copy/paste text so it's not exactly the same as what every other affiliate is posting.

banners load faster without full path URLs, since the full path URL will force a new httpd process on your server and if you are serving a huge amount of traffic this will have an impact on the speed of your server.

speaking of server speed, a good tip to speed things up is to use as much static pages as possible, even if you are running scripts...make sure the script is capable of producing a static page for browsing. This will cut server loads dramatically which will lead to an increase in page loadtimes.

marcjacob
    Chilli whos this guy - the big photo. where did you get him?

http://www.eutwinks.com

leonardop

If you like cyber sex and are an exhibitionist this is your job

Seeking women and men aged 18 and over, with or without experience
    to work on the internet. You must have a computer, a webcam, and high
    speed internet connection. Work from home, discreet, safe, and reliable.
    Create your own work hours. You must speak French and/or English and/or Spanish.
    Studios are welcome. Make lots of cash.
    Hurry up ! Men, Women and Studios contact leonardop@nightvisionstudios.com

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar
    Something smells like canned lunch meat in here... sniff sniff.... what is that smell?

Quote Originally Posted by leonardop View Post
    Seeking women and men aged 18 and over, with or without experience
    to work on the internet. You must have a computer, a webcam, and high
    speed internet connection. Work from home, discreet, safe, and reliable.
    Create your own work hours. You must speak French and/or English and/or Spanish.
    Studios are welcome. Make lots of cash.
    Hurry up ! Men, Women and Studios contact leonardop@nightvisionstudios.com

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by tombarr View Post
    Something smells like canned lunch meat in here... sniff sniff.... what is that smell?
    Yep his acct has been deleted and ip address blocked

Regards,

Lee

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Oh and for a marketing tip...

Buy a domain name and get it parked somewhere like 'Parked' or 'Sedo'.

It doesnt even have to be a 'good' domain.

Put a price on the domain somewhere in the $1000 range in their system and just leave it.

Now, instead of sending your 'click here to exit' traffic to Google, Yahoo or some other site that is a waste of traffic, send it to your 'crappy' parked domain , you'll get clicks on the ads and you might also find someone willing to purchase the domain @ $1k which will be a nice added bonus

Regards,

Lee