Thread: htaccess question

Dzinerbear

htaccess question

I have 167 galleries that all follow this format:

/directory name/preview.htm

I have just dumped all the preview.htm pages and I want to put a line in my htaccess to redirect all of the those preview.htm pages to index.html in the same directory.

Is there a short cut? Or do I just need to bite the bullet and type 167 lines in my htaccess file?

Michael

samebb
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzinerbear View Post
    I have 167 galleries that all follow this format:

/directory name/preview.htm

I have just dumped all the preview.htm pages and I want to put a line in my htaccess to redirect all of the those preview.htm pages to index.html in the same directory.

Is there a short cut? Or do I just need to bite the bullet and type 167 lines in my htaccess file?

Michael
    Try blanking out the directory name in the line of code with a *

for instance /*/preview.htm

--

Cant guarantee this will work as my .htaccess knowledge is limited, but worth a shot

Corey Bryant
    I am not an expert on htaccess by any means, but won't it allow you to possibly rename any page (like preview.htm) to index.htm. Then of course here's to hoping you don't have other preview.htm pages

Corey Bryant
    Looking at Ignore Files that might work as well. It seems to be ok to use the splat

(sorry samebb - I saw your post after I posted and then started looking more @ Clockwatcher's website)

samebb
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey Bryant View Post
    Looking at Ignore Files that might work as well. It seems to be ok to use the splat

(sorry samebb - I saw your post after I posted and then started looking more @ Clockwatcher's website)
    No promlem