Thread: Do you buy domains

Do you buy domains

... with the intention of developing it for yourself, developing it and then resell it, or just sit on it awhile and try to get more than $8.99 out of just the name?

I've often picked up a name thinking I'd build a design, and then sell it as a package deal and invariably I start thinking, if I go to that much effort, might as well use it myself! :morning:

You don't have to be straight to be in the Army; you just have to be able to shoot straight. ponyboy's Avatar
    if you come up with cool names its better to keep them, unless some one comes up with big cash! :joker: :moneybags:

Dzinerbear
    You know, I've never sold a domain name. I just hold on to them. They're not that expensive. And more than once I wanted to start a new project and I already had a domain sitting there I could use.

Michael

Dzinerbear
    You know, I've never sold a domain name. I just hold on to them. They're not that expensive. And more than once I wanted to start a new project and I already had a domain sitting there I could use.

Michael

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor.
    echo?

sXeRyan
    I have some sort of sick compulsion with registering domain names - I always tell myself I'll do something with them but I'm far to busy as it is - so who knows.

I think I mostly do it because it's kind of a fun game - thinking up witty names.

samebb
    Quote Originally Posted by sXeRyan View Post
    I have some sort of sick compulsion with registering domain names - I always tell myself I'll do something with them but I'm far to busy as it is - so who knows.

I think I mostly do it because it's kind of a fun game - thinking up witty names.
    i second that :goof:

CalumJ
    Hmm..Yep I know the feeling... But I hope 2007 will give me the chance to develop my paysite :crazy: