Thread: Program Owners…

Gay is the new Black

Program Owners…

When I sign up as an affiliate and look for the “content” I feel I’m only getting the top layer content used for quick fodder on affiliate obligation fulfillment.

Maybe I’m wrong; maybe this is the bulk of content you have to offer.

But then I read posts of people digging through a site to cherry pick the content.

What is the extent of webmaster levels? What’s the procedure to getting inside a site and is it standard to cherry pick the sets? Do you have to produce for a site before you gain higher access? Am I thinking too hard about it and need to be happy with the fodder content?

Like the CF thread points out, massive affiliates with high level access will only lead to your whole site on the free market. But with more exclusive affiliate programs… what’s the rule?
    Be Who You Are!

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolKnights View Post
    When I sign up as an affiliate and look for the “content” I feel I’m only getting the top layer content used for quick fodder on affiliate obligation fulfillment.

Maybe I’m wrong; maybe this is the bulk of content you have to offer.

But then I read posts of people digging through a site to cherry pick the content.

What is the extent of webmaster levels? What’s the procedure to getting inside a site and is it standard to cherry pick the sets? Do you have to produce for a site before you gain higher access? Am I thinking too hard about it and need to be happy with the fodder content?

Like the CF thread points out, massive affiliates with high level access will only lead to your whole site on the free market. But with more exclusive affiliate programs… what’s the rule?
    As far as *I* am concerned, for you to go in to any of the individual Condom Cash site members areas and pull content to use makes 1 of two things happen...

1) Makes me liable for 'reselling' the content when i dont have a license to do that.

2) Makes you liable for prosecution due to content theft because *I* didnt have the license for you to do that.

Right now, the only content my affiliates can use to promote my sites are the stuff that you have in the promo tools section, under certain circumstances ill allow affiliates to choose any of the sets at Rainbow Content and make that available for them to use also.

I posted a similar topic a few weeks ago about sponsors just giving affiliats free reign to grab all the content they want from the members areas, if the producers/providers of this content realized that was going on, en mass, they'd have a shit fit.

Regards,

Lee

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    We've always been OK with allowing our affiliates to choose images from our members area to market the site. We'll even host the pages they create so there aren't any 2257 issues. (We also make it clear that they're on their own if they use the content and we aren't hosting it, as we don't provide 2257 docs to affiliates.)

We impose limitations, of course (don't take more than a few from each set; no more than so many sets, etc) but so far we haven't had any affiliates that have taken advantage of us.

Of course, it's a lot easier for us to do that given that nearly all of our content is shot by us and we own all rights to it.

Dzinerbear
    I've always just found asking a sponsor gets me a quick answer. I've rarely had anyone say "no." Chaos Men did but he qualified it saying that he got too many requests and it would kill his site's bandwidth if he gave every webmaster access, so he created a webmaster-only area and put sets there and gave anyone who pretty much asked access to the site.

Michael