Thread: First thing you do when opening a business

Gay is the new Black

First thing you do when opening a business

When you get into a business, you want to know you are legally going to be able to maintain what it takes to run that business BUT… You also want an accountant to cover your costs and make sure you are on top of your game.

Do you seek legal advice first, see if it’s something you can do, then get an accountant, set up the business license and try to put the legal consultation under the business as if it happened after you registered the llc/corp?

This being if you don't already have a lawyer or accountant for your other ventures.
    Be Who You Are!

Making Pain Pay!

First...lets kill all the lawyers!

I think it is a 100% imperative that you seek good legal advice and have them review your business plan. Even if they are not an adult lawyer, they can still point out any pitfalls you might be missing. That being said, I recently met Chad (From Chadknowslaw) and he would be the first person I went to if I was about to start a new venture.

A good accountant (at least where I live) is very inexpenisve, and well worth the effort. I would definately NOT go to some place like H&R Block. If you are going to see them, you might as well buy TurboTax or something along those lines.
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

...since my first hard-on. A_DeAngelo's Avatar
    its important to have good legal and financial advice when starting a business however, in my opinion
    you can get bogged down by too many restrictions.

The "concept" for the business - the essential creative process - the process that drives the initiative - can be squashed by too many professional opinions.

Common sense will dictate the feasibility - lawyers and accounts like common sense (so do investors)

that's my 3¢