View Poll Results: Which Show will you attend in October?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Phoenix Forum (ccbill) only

43 62.32%
  • The GAYVN Retreat (Epoch, Cybersocket, AVN) only

8 11.59%
  • Both Shows

7 10.14%
  • Neither

11 15.94%

Thread: Which Show? A Poll

Dzinerbear

Which Show? A Poll

So which show will you attend in October?

(a) The Phoenix Forum (ccbill) only

(b) The GAYVN Retreat co-sponsored by Epoch and Cybersocket only

(c) Both shows

(d) Neither

maxpower
    I dont know if I would go to any of them, but think The GAYVN Retreat (Epoch, Cybersocket, AVN) will have the biggest bang from what I know :morning:

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Since from what you've said, you have never been to either (or any other adult industry event) I don't know how you can say that.

CCBill has consistently put on an absolute topnotch event, where everything (meals, snacks, parties, etc) are free, and there's no cost at all to the attendees other than hotel expense and travel, and satisfaction from sponsors and attendees is phenomenally high.

AVN puts on events that are more and more expensive each year, with fewer and fewer attendees and exhibitors, then has the gall to frame their events as "upscale," using absolutely abysmally bad facilities (Westin Diplomat) year after year, in spite of repeated comments from everyone about how awful the facility staff is, and you feel like every time you turn around, they're trying to get more money out of you... and a lot of webmasters have commented about this, yet there doesn't seem to be much meaningful change. And then, to make matters worse, they blatantly try to schedule their events in competition with already established, successful events.

CCBill actively sought input from a lot of people on what was wanted to make GPF a success. We've offered to provide input to AVN in the same way we provided input to GPF, but I've never heard back from that offer, nor have I heard of anyone else being encouraged to participate.

I want to see AVN be successful. I want there to be lots of opportunities for gay webmasters to grow their business, make new connections, and have a great time. I just don't think that AVN is learning from its mistakes. And I have a hard time believing that this event is going to be a "higher quality" event than GPF unless there's a dramatic reversal in attitude from AVN, both in pricing their event and in the perception of it.

samebb
    Im scared to attend any of these events.

Have a feeling someone might try to assasinate me haha

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    Since from what you've said, you have never been to either (or any other adult industry event) I don't know how you can say that.

CCBill has consistently put on an absolute topnotch event, where everything (meals, snacks, parties, etc) are free, and there's no cost at all to the attendees other than hotel expense and travel, and satisfaction from sponsors and attendees is phenomenally high.

AVN puts on events that are more and more expensive each year, with fewer and fewer attendees and exhibitors, then has the gall to frame their events as "upscale," using absolutely abysmally bad facilities (Westin Diplomat) year after year, in spite of repeated comments from everyone about how awful the facility staff is, and you feel like every time you turn around, they're trying to get more money out of you... and a lot of webmasters have commented about this, yet there doesn't seem to be much meaningful change. And then, to make matters worse, they blatantly try to schedule their events in competition with already established, successful events.

CCBill actively sought input from a lot of people on what was wanted to make GPF a success. We've offered to provide input to AVN in the same way we provided input to GPF, but I've never heard back from that offer, nor have I heard of anyone else being encouraged to participate.

I want to see AVN be successful. I want there to be lots of opportunities for gay webmasters to grow their business, make new connections, and have a great time. I just don't think that AVN is learning from its mistakes. And I have a hard time believing that this event is going to be a "higher quality" event than GPF unless there's a dramatic reversal in attitude from AVN, both in pricing their event and in the perception of it.
    I am not sure about all this GPF and AVN stuff, but this Ccbill event does sound like fun. I really do need to go too a few of these things thanks for the info, I was just thinking that the biggest changes should be coming from Epoch this time around so that might be the best pace to be, but does not sound that way.

I really do hope in the next 4-6 months I can start attending more of these events and I am in the Hollywood area so might check out some of these local things too. Soon I hope to have a program that is worth promoting at these shows and conferences.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Well we certainly have some interesting poll results.

Hopefully AVN will listen to what the people are saying.

Regards,

Lee

Dzinerbear
    Very interesting results.

And I wouldn't be afraid of getting assasinated at a show. You've explained yourself samebb. Everyone knows who the scammer is.

Michael

LiveTwinksCam.com LiveTwinksCam's Avatar
    The Phoenix Forum for me!!! Woof!!!
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Add HOT Live Feeds to your site!
    www.LiveTwinksCam.com/webmasters.html

Epoch Holly
    I don't know what the fuss is all about... A new show is announced every year and many A good show is good for our business! Epoch are great people and I am sure they would never attach themselves to something without researching it first. For those of you who didn't attend the GFP it was a good yes, but alot of people were not happy with that show either. I heard compliants about the hotel, the lack of events and etc. I guess you can't please everyone! But I myself look forward this LA show!:broccoli:

Dzinerbear
    just bumping ... don't want this to disappear until everyone has cast their vote.

Michael

Drag is when a man wears everything a lesbian won't. lisa's Avatar
    We are still awaiting dates from both GayVN and CCBILL before we make our decision. I'd love to say we'd do both, but if they are back to back, then more than likely we'll pick one of the two.

The hotel was a mistake for The Gay Phoenix Forum, but then again they had to lock down a hotel and had to go with one that they could sell out. They truthfully had no idea they'd have almost 500 people attend and who really does at a first show. They nearly doubled what they had predicted, as far as the number of attendees.

They did ensure us personally that the hotel would be to everyone's liking on the next go around and most likely would be at The Mission Palms, where the regular Phoenix Forum has been held for the last 3 years. I am however surprised that a date has not yet been announced for The Gay Phoenix Forum.

I'm certain there will be benefit from attending both events and that both will be fantabulous. My feeling is that the dates will be key in those who have to choose, or will be able to attend both.

We love both companies and thank them both for providing ways for all of us to do business and better the business at hand!

How long have you been gay?
    I'll go to the Phoenix Forum this year.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    The GayVN shows needs to be in another month besides October come on guys. Having it in October is just asking for disaster. Everyone and there grandmas neighbor will be going to the Gay Phoenix Forum. If you guys want to run a successful show why not September or even November?

Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

Sana Chan
    I desperately want to go to a show. I will have to see where I am money wise when the Phoenix comes around in October.