Thread: Quicktime Pro Question or WMV

Making Pain Pay!

Quicktime Pro Question or WMV

Does anyone know of a MacOSX based program that will convert a Quicktime file to a WMV?

Quicktime Pro will let you export to several formats, but I am not sure which one is workable with Windows Media Player.

I am a Mac person and always use Quicktime...any help would be appreciated.
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

Making Pain Pay!

PS (More Info)

PS. The optiions I have to export are:

Movie to:

3G
    AVI
    BMP
    DV Stream
    FLC
    Hinted Movie
    iPod
    MPEG-4

Plus a few more that I know are not Windows Media or Real Player Compatable.

Basically what I am trying to do is offer my quicktime clips in another format that PC People can watch without having to have Quicktime.
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

dbndc
    .avi was developed by Microsoft so it will definitely play in Windows Media Player. I watch .avi video in WMP all the time.

There are programs like cleaner that will do it, but the quality will never be the same as WMV files encoded with Windows Media Encoder.

Best option is to get a dual-boot machine and install mac on it. Windows Media Encoder is a free program to download.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasun View Post
    There are programs like cleaner that will do it, but the quality will never be the same as WMV files encoded with Windows Media Encoder.
    Hey, Jasun,

I've never compared WM Encoder to Sorenson, only used Premiere and Sorenson.

Would you say there's a noticeable improvement in the encoded WMV files that are encoded with WM Encoder vs Sorenson? I guess I thought that Sorenson had licensed the codec from Microsoft and it was therefore equivalent -- didn't realize there was a difference -- but if there's a big quality difference, I want to give customers the best product we can.

Well, I sure notice a difference.

I work in final Cut pro, and if I want WMV files, I'll actually print my movie to tape and then capture it with windows media encoder so I can get the cleanest print of my movie.

If you use Sorensen, you capture into an AVI file, so you're now using a second codec to encode a file that's already been encoded.

You'll also have more problems if you're using WMV files encoded from AVI files using Sorensen if you're streaming Multiple bitrate files. Our customers all complained about movies freezing up and stopping until I started just capturing directly into WME.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.