Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Many Webmasters Do You Think Are In...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Kath
    Originally posted by Lee
    Um Kath you know i love you to bit but i have three letters to say..

GFY

I know of at least 3 'webmasters' that are making more selling their sigs for post whoring all day for more than they could ever make a webmastering.
    True... you are right about the board whores... but then again I guess I wasn't considering them to really be *webmasters* anymore anyway. They are - hmmmm....thinking of a nice way to put this - web opportunists.

I read a post somewhere earlier this week (brain pause!) where someone claimed he was making over $2k per month to just post. That's ridiculous! :bandana:

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Originally posted by Kath
    I read a post somewhere earlier this week (brain pause!) where someone claimed he was making over $2k per month to just post. That's ridiculous! :bandana:
    Exactly, although you know... all it is going to take for someone to capitalize on this current industry trend is to find a bunch of friends, rally them all together and have them posting constantly on various message boards.

Just think about it, some companies are paying MORE for someone to post on a message forum than they pay their own wm support staff... kind of puts things into perspective :eek:

Regards,

Lee

mostly you only get paid if you are posting on well known boards... i've never had anyone offer me more than $250 for my sig :-(

but it's advertising - it gets the word out to other webmasters, so i see it as another kind of marketing.