Thread: Photoshop Help

Dzinerbear

Photoshop Help

Is there a command in Photoshop that clears the temporary cache while the program is still open?

I'm working on and huge resizing and recropping project, and every couple of hours Photoshop just seizes up because there's too much stuff in the temp cache. I could just open and close the program, but it seems to me there should be a way of doing it while the program is open and I can't figure it out.

Michael

...since my first hard-on. A_DeAngelo's Avatar
    PhotoShop, like all programs can misbehave at times and I've never found an easy way to clear cache while I have several projects running simultaneously - My solution to that problem has been to restart the program - I also have this problem if I've been "asleep" for a long period of time - it only takes a few seconds -

You need to go into properties and tell it only to remember a few steps back.. just know that your levels of undo are much less.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

Rimmates.com
    I'd say save the file every so often and close the program. It should then ask "do you want to keep the data currently saved in the clipboard" or something like that. Discard and then reopen the file again.

Maybe that will help a little?