Thread: Kudos to Ray at Strongbox

On the other hand.... You have different fingers

Kudos to Ray at Strongbox

Hey, I just feel the need to give a public shoutout to Ray at Strongbox.

We had a little miscommunication yesterday about the timetable for implementing Strongbox, and because there's some screwy stuff in the way our member authentication is handled, the implementation of Strongbox caused some temporary issues with our members area.

Ray not only spent a bunch of time talking me through the issues, but took care of the problems that were caused, and when he discovered that part of the issues were coincidental (a large backup that ran the same day and filled up free disc space, unrelated to Strongbox) he took the time to actually fix the problem. I'm sure that any other vendor on the planet would have emailed me and (rightfully) told me that it wasn't his problem.

Way above and beyond the call of duty, and something that AJ and I won't ever forget.

I have heard many wonderful things about Ray from others on this forum, but I just wanted to publically give a shout out. The industry needs more people like Ray.

we didn't have any special problems but when we were thinking about getting strongbox, ray took the trouble to answer our emails and got us set up really fast.

strongbox is a great program and ray is a great communicator and good with support, too. i now recommend strongbox to all my clients.

Ray at strongbox kicks ass and has a team that's always quick to respond.. they saved my ass once with password hackers on my site (thanks Ray)

To be honest Chip I thought your online post about ray a few days ago was jumping the gun a bit as it didn't sound like Ray at all... then just a few minutes after you posted, you posted again to say everything was taken care of.

Eating crow is no fun but at least you're publicly doing right by him. That's nice to see :bananacock:
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    If one is going to have any integrity, one has to call things accurately, which includes correcting any misperceptions, so I try never to to shy away from owning up if I've been wrong on something.

When I posted earlier, I was concerned that I hadn't been able to reach Ray, and I was annoyed that the communication issue happened, but once I called and left a message, he called back very quickly... and the reason he hadn't responded to the emails was because he wasn't in the office.

I'm quite confident that when we do implement Strongbox, it will be a kickass solution for us.

raymor
    Thanks for the kind words Chip, BassChick, and Squirt.
    Your issue with running out of disk space was actually kind of interesting, kind of
    broke up the boredom. For me it's fun to have those "what the hell!?!?" moments when
    suddenly MySQL queries start hanging forever, PHP sessions suddenly don't work, etc.
    Then I remembered, when everything goes to hell, when things are breaking mysteriously,
    ccheck disk space.
    I hope it didn't cause you too may problems, though. It looks like probably it was pretty
    much just that people couldn't post to your bored and your old PHP authentication system
    went screwy.