Thread: Using Holiday Discounts...

gaybucks_skyler

Using Holiday Discounts...

Is it wrong to utilize a good discount for Christmas presents…

So the salon that I work at for school is strictly partnered with AVEDA. We only use their products… personally I love them and it is the only thing allowed to touch my hair, but I’m psycho like that…. But, for Christmas AVEDA gave all of us, employees and students, 40% off all of the holiday gift sets… so I jumped on it.

I bought literally everyone on my list hair products for Christmas… I got like $360.00 worth of products and I only spent like $220.00.

I just hope that everyone will like them; I mean I took care in picking each one out for each person, but now I’m doubting my decisions. What if people don’t want hair products???? When I worked in retail I did the same thing… everyone got clothes from my store…LOL.

I just saw that it was such a great deal I didn’t want to pass it up… should I have gone out and spent more time and money finding stuff elsewhere? Or, is it ok to utilize such a great deal?

I’m just crazy and want everything to be perfect…. I’m seriously Bree Vandekamp from Desperate Housewives…LOL

Anyway… I’m off… just needed to get that off my chest.

Sky

samebb
    I dont think there is a problem in it. Only problem i can see coming up is if you have any bold friends ?

If they all have hair, it should be fine. I mean its your gift to them, they cant be picky hehe.

Paco
    silly boi - there is nothing wrong with being smart, or being thrifty.
    Remember - it is the thought that counts, not the dollar amount!

Not to harp on you, but this is one of the reasons I am not a huge fan of what exmessy has become.

It is not a battle of dollars. It is showing somebody how much you love, appreciate & know them.

My pinhead bros with huge pockets battle it out year after year (fucking multiple TVs given to my parents, each bigger than the last). Is that what christ'ssakemass is now? Me - I got my moms a eliptical trainer, because she is on her 4th hip replacement. Cheaper than any HD TV. Better for her. More appreciated.
    Hell, she is 90% blind. TV ... what TV? Oh yah - it SOUNDS nice

Me, I love getting together, boozin' or :paco:'in it up. Stuffing my belly and sharing laughs, tears, stories and pictures. Hell, I even miss the yelling!
    What it was like when we were down right poor and truly very rich (after arriving to Canada)

But hey - that's just crazy talk!

marcjacob
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    silly boi - there is nothing wrong with being smart, or being thrifty.
    Remember - it is the thought that counts, not the dollar amount!

Not to harp on you, but this is one of the reasons I am not a huge fan of what exmessy has become.

It is not a battle of dollars. It is showing somebody how much you love, appreciate & know them.

My pinhead bros with huge pockets battle it out year after year (fucking multiple TVs given to my parents, each bigger than the last). Is that what christ'ssakemass is now? Me - I got my moms a eliptical trainer, because she is on her 4th hip replacement. Cheaper than any HD TV. Better for her. More appreciated.
    Hell, she is 90% blind. TV ... what TV? Oh yah - it SOUNDS nice

Me, I love getting together, boozin' or :paco:'in it up. Stuffing my belly and sharing laughs, tears, stories and pictures. Hell, I even miss the yelling!
    What it was like when we were down right poor and truly very rich (after arriving to Canada)

But hey - that's just crazy talk!
    And if EVERYONE realised how true that is, we would all enjoy the holidays soooo much more. Great post. Christimas is not about spending money, its about being with loved ones and showing them you think about them.

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    Skyler -- getting a great deal on presents, regardless if christmas, birthday, or St Patty's day is fine.

Now, for those that receive a gift you either don't like or can't use [the bald guy getting Skyler's hair care product gift basket, for example ;-) ]

How many of you Re-Gift?? I have NO problem re-gifting or getting a re-gift. As long as it goes to someone that appreciates is what I think matters.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    One more thing -- I believe in giving MYSELF something. To Chad, From Chad. Merry Christmas!!

It is not selfish to think of yourself too, and the gifts you give yourself are never taken back. Like that truck I just bought for myself. Happy Hannukah Chad!
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

Life is a dick and when it´s get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chadknowslaw View Post
    One more thing -- I believe in giving MYSELF something. To Chad, From Chad. Merry Christmas!!
    Hi Chad

I actually do the same thing, too - just this year seems to be the first one in a long time I can't find anything for myself... :-(
    :-D

samebb

It is not selfish to think of yourself too, and the gifts you give yourself are never taken back. Like that truck I just bought for myself. Happy Hannukah Chad!
    I got myself an early xmas present.

Boy i love my Xbox360 :hippy:

KissMe

This year I found a great deal on Chocolate Truffles. I got one for everyone that I know, and one for myself too! I also found tins of butter cookies for $2. So, everyone is getting Chocolate Truffles and Butter Cookies! Being cheap is ok. But I also think only a cheap person would say that!

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_skyler View Post
    Is it wrong to utilize a good discount for Christmas presents…
    i sure hope not, because I'd do that any time I got the chance.