Thread: Gays in the Military

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar

Gays in the Military

Looks like we are making some progress toward acceptance of gays in the military.

Planet Out Arcitle.

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tombarr View Post
    Looks like we are making some progress toward acceptance of gays in the military.

Planet Out Arcitle.
    You wonder why it took so long. I mean they've ALWAYS been there.

marcjacob
    The thing is its not the military people you need persuaded - its the dicks in government who pander to the hard religious right.

I assume this would be a White House decision? I just dont see any President doing that unless its in their last term when they no longer have to face the voters, but even then they have one eye on how the history books will remember them. And as Bush has prooved, thats far more important than basic civil and human rights.

Corey Bryant
    I was out while in the military (thanks to my ex-wife - she called everyone from my supervisor to the commander of the Group). No one seemed to care - I did my job and then a lot more (volunteered a lot).

I think it is kind of like the gay marriage / domestic partnership - more and more Fortune 500 are offering benefits while they decide the government is behind the times

I'm a farmhand on your dad's rooster ranch. haganxy's Avatar
    my ex was and still is in the military. his best friend is in the military and was in an amateur adult video and is a drag queen at a local bar. everybody knows. nobody cares.
    hagan - IT nerd
    PrideBucks.com

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    I'm still wondering what the big deal is. They think a gay guy is going to be like "I can't shoot the enemy! A man in uniform is just too hot!"

Log On, Get Off, Make $
    I don't know how I got away with doing what I did in the Military especially with women in the same unit, but all the guys in my section found out about my "dancing" abilities and long story short I used to do strip shows on my cot in the midle of buttfuck nowhere, Ontario. On my weekend leave, I even bought the Sgt a wind-up "sgt stroker" toy at a local sex shop and one of my teammates a pocket pussy...nothnig like a flesh, but he said it did the job!

Nothing like the Canadian Forces guys!! Lots of good times.

Interesting news developments lately on this subject....seems quite a bit of discussion is going on now..

The British Government is actively soliciting gays to serve in their forces....

And the former Joint Chiefs of the US Forces now says he has had a change of heart concernig gays in the Military and "don't ask, don't tell". He now says that he does not feel, after talking with a number of gay servicemen, that there would be any detriment to troup morale or unit readiness.

Its still interesting to me that this comes not long after that guy went on TV and said there was such a shortfall in new enlists that the country was not as safe as it should be...its like "well we got all the ones that we wanted, now we'll even take the fags ....we'll just put them at the front!"

Personally if I was in a position to be able to join I'd go to their recruitment office and tell 'em to shove it!

2c
    Domain inventory sale.

You are still young enough.... go join.....then start doing a hidden boot camp shower cam site.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmpitLover View Post
    Its still interesting to me that this comes not long after that guy went on TV and said there was such a shortfall in new enlists that the country was not as safe as it should be...its like "well we got all the ones that we wanted, now we'll even take the fags ....we'll just put them at the front!"

Personally if I was in a position to be able to join I'd go to their recruitment office and tell 'em to shove it!

2c

Quote Originally Posted by tombarr View Post
    You are still young enough.... go join.....
    Arh you are so sweet...but Tom...you know I'm too old...remember...I'm too old to date you .....oh and I'm too #FFFFFF LOL
    Domain inventory sale.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmpitLover View Post
    Arh you are so sweet...but Tom...you know I'm too old...remember...I'm too old to date you .....oh and I'm too #FFFFFF LOL
    LOL.... you are right.... you need to be more #FAFAD2....

I love Golden Rod Yellow!

I was gonna say you need to be more FAEBD7, but that is Antique white, and well now that just would not suit me at all.

Corey Bryant
    Ex-Joint Chiefs Head Changes Mind On Gays
    The Army general who was Joint Chiefs chairman when the Pentagon adopted its "don't ask, don't tell" policy on gays says he no longer opposes allowing them to serve openly.

John Shalikashvili, who retired in 1997 after four years as the nation's top military officer, had argued that allowing homosexuals to serve openly would hurt troop morale and recruitment and undermine the cohesion of combat units. He said he has changed his mind after meeting with gay servicemen.
    But with a Republican president I doubt the poilicies will change... Maybe Clinton will do that when she wins