Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyones sales picked up again today?

samebb

Anyones sales picked up again today?

I had a 40% ish drop in sales over the last 2 days, but today they picked up again back to normal.

I think this may be because people have finished work for xmas but just sitting at home bored.

Anyone else seeing the same ?

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor. Ben's Avatar
    Nope.

Traffic's there, sales AWOL. And not just the past few days but whole Dec

babymaker
    been great until today i was surprise its been so good, sales have been slowing a bit last few days but not bad but now i see a dead net ...icq all offline emails even spam are old ..time to go have fun i guess :thumbsup:

davespeedoevans
    December has been pretty good for me - yesterday was an above average day for me.

My mainstream stuff has stalled completely though in the last couple of days - I'm assuming people aren't online shopping this close to Xmas.

Have a good Xmas guys.

marcjacob
    Ive seen better sales past 48 hours. I came to the same conclusion. I am surprised that sales have dropped on trial sponsors, i mean surely they can afford a few dollars right?

glowlite
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Nope.

Traffic's there, sales AWOL. And not just the past few days but whole Dec
    The opposite for me the past 48hrs. Traffic is down, but conversion is up. Overall December has been quite good. The 'side sales' of DVD's has been excellent. For gifts maybe? I dunno .......

marcjacob
    I guess people arnt buying gifts online now. Sadly they probably are and will complain when they dont get the gift delivered by Christmas Day (you work in a call centre - you see it ALL!)

Dzinerbear
    Yep, up a little bit today.

Michael

this week has been our worst week since our site opened. hopefully things will pick up this evening or weekend...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    It has been a very strange the past couple days. The 20th was really slow and then it picked up on the 21st a little and it looks like it will be about the same sales today. Guess we will see what tomorrow brings.

Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

Last Fri,Sat & Sun sales were unusually slow... From Monday to today sales have been extremely high. Go figure. Nothing anyone is saying about sales in this thread seems to go along the same lines. Really odd.

I'm thinking people with heavy affiliate traffic see a different pattern then those without. Most all my sales this last week have been non affiliate sales as I stepped up my non affiliate traffic streams in anticipation of affiliates taking time off for the holidays.

Is it possible that the reason things are so eratic with sales is because of the different ballances in affiliate/non affiliate traffic between our sites?
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

glowlite
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    Last Fri,Sat & Sun sales were unusually slow... From Monday to today sales have been extremely high. Go figure. Nothing anyone is saying about sales in this thread seems to go along the same lines. Really odd.

I'm thinking people with heavy affiliate traffic see a different pattern then those without. Most all my sales this last week have been non affiliate sales as I stepped up my non affiliate traffic streams in anticipation of affiliates taking time off for the holidays.

Is it possible that the reason things are so eratic with sales is because of the different ballances in affiliate/non affiliate traffic between our sites?
    My 2c worth in post #6 are spoken as an affiliate. Maybe the variation among us in sales/traffic is niche oriented? I'm new (13 mo in adult) and fully expected rebills to drop like a rock during December, but, they haven't. I expected new sales to drop drastically also, but, they haven't. I'm surprised, and pleased, at the current December data.

What does historical data tell you and what do you anticipate for Jan '07? Once consumers start getting their Visa/MC Holiday billing? If anyone cares to share.

Inquiring minds want to know :hmm:

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by glowlite View Post
    My 2c worth in post #6 are spoken as an affiliate. Maybe the variation among us in sales/traffic is niche oriented? I'm new (13 mo in adult) and fully expected rebills to drop like a rock during December, but, they haven't. I expected new sales to drop drastically also, but, they haven't. I'm surprised, and pleased, at the current December data.

What does historical data tell you and what do you anticipate for Jan '07? Once consumers start getting their Visa/MC Holiday billing? If anyone cares to share.

Inquiring minds want to know :hmm:
    If you can limp though Dec. until Jan 3-5 then its basically over. Sometimes Jan. is a bit sluggish, but nothing like Dec, and not sure this CC bills does much damage, after all 24.95 is about what it cost 2-3 people to eat at McDonald's. My thinking is normally things bounce back, after people have fulfilled their holiday obligations, pay their rent, and have no holidays to look forward to until the 4th of July, when they all get back to home from grandmas house. Personally I think the Xmas sales drop has to do with people having big plans, the following days and weeks so they are not to big on joining any new service they can not use for the full month. Once these people start to hit their post Xmas depression, and have nothing to look forward too then they will come running back.

I am just looking forward to March and April with all that income tax money people have around then. Nothing is easier to spend than money found and that’s how most people look at their income tax checks. :toff:

marcjacob
    Max i think your right about it being more about their plans than the cost, as my trial sponsor sales are down too. If you cant afford a few dollars then you really have spent way too much.

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by marcjacob View Post
    Max i think your right about it being more about their plans than the cost, as my trial sponsor sales are down too. If you cant afford a few dollars then you really have spent way too much.
    Ya man, this year my sales numbers are not what I would call A-typical for me. I just opened this brand new site and have no competition selling it so sales are a bit down, but nothing like past years “knocks on wood” But for people that sell one of the more publicized sites they normally take a real kick in the teeth this time of year.

All these family holidays, that Xmas is the king of almost always hurt sales a bit even when CC bill's do not come into play at all, like with the 4th of July or Thanksgiving. Now I am sure some of this CC bill stuff comes into play with Xmas, but think its more about people just not sure what their holiday will cost and being a bit more conservative that normal. Why after Xmas most of us will see a bump as people realize they made it though yet another Xmas. But yes this CC stuff takes a big back seat to peoples holiday plans, and just the fact they have something on their calendar they know they will not be at home for.

The big sales holidays have nothing to do with family or organized celebrations at all like Labor Day or Memorial Day. Now I would say these days are the best of the year, with tons of people with the day off and nothing really to do.