Thread: Need Your Opinions & Advice

EnticeTV_Susan

Need Your Opinions & Advice

We have just soft launched our affiliate program and I need feedback from the gay affiliate community. Basically it is a free VOD site, similar to gay hot movies & naked sword, in that it is a pay as you go business model. The primary difference is that it offers progressive downloads, full length movies only for rent and download to own (not burn - since DRMd). Also we have SVOD (subscription VOD) channels similar to paysites as there is a monthly recurring charge to see about 500 hours of video a month.

I am thinking about changing the pricing for the SVOD product to a weekly price of $5.00 recurring with the first week free to encourage joins. Would you think that this would appeal to surfers? Would it appeal to affiliates? (payout is 25% recur for life). There is a lot of flexibility in the way that I can structure the pricing and amount of content to deliver. So am looking for constructive input. Thank you for any help you can provide. Just want to make this program a success and don't quite know what would make us stand out in this very crowded space.

I'd be happy to send hosted movie gallery samples to anyone who wants to check them out.

Thank you!!!

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    If the member is going to be able to download full movies for that weekly recurring price, change it to at least $10 per week recurring, that way, you can still claim the price is cheaper than actually going to a store and buying the DVD

Regards,

Lee

Dzinerbear
    First of all, I like the site. Nice colours and nice logo. It's fairly well put together. Hot mouseovers on the menu items, too. You didn't ask for this, but I'll tell you anyway.

I'm pretty sure that you'll lose a great portion of your gay traffic when it hits the site because it looks like a straight site. I did see gay box covers scrolling along the bottom, but about 6 or 8 to 1 were straight.

It wasn't until I clicked around and found "What's On" that I figured out there was a complete gay section. I don't think most surfers will be that diligent in their searching.

You may want to think about replacing everything in the white area on the main page with a giant "Straight Movies" and "Gay Movies" to separate your traffic. It's been my experience that a lot of gay traffic doesn't even want to see a woman.

The gifs you've used on the main page are fuzzy (too optimized). I'm talking about the "Hottest New Videos" one. Fuzzy image could mean bad quality movies, in the surfer's mind. So I'd sharpened them up.

Same thing on the gay page. All your graphics were fuzzy.

Finally, a Titan button with a Titan logo does nothing to make me want to sign up. I want to see cock, I want to see hot men. That's what inspires me to sign up.

I agree with Lee, I think $5 a week is too low of a price.

Michael

How long have you been gay?
    The other thing to think about on the $5 / week is the low price and increase in frequency of the transactions. I have discussed lowered prices with the administrator of my merchant account and I was told that would probably piss off the bank, especially if most of my transactions were that low. The higher the transaction amount, the more the bank will make off of each transaction. So you may want to talk to your processor about that price point.

EnticeTV_Susan

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by Becky View Post
    The other thing to think about on the $5 / week is the low price and increase in frequency of the transactions. I have discussed lowered prices with the administrator of my merchant account and I was told that would probably piss off the bank, especially if most of my transactions were that low. The higher the transaction amount, the more the bank will make off of each transaction. So you may want to talk to your processor about that price point.
    Thanks Becky. Our billing is incorporated into the Entice.TV user interface/player software, which means we have a special arrangement with the payment processer and there are no per transaction fees. But good point and thank you for taking time to respond to my post.

EnticeTV_Susan

Thank you

By the way I have responded privately to the other posters to this thread since I was away from the boards for a couple of days. Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Thanks again.